Saint Laurent has launched its first fine jewellery collection

I saw.

Definitely forever pieces but some pieces are too commercial IMO, some way overpriced
Agree I was browsing the website yesterday.

Very overpriced imo.

I understand it’s a luxury house but it’s not a luxury fine jewelry house (like Cartier or VCA). It does not specialize in fine jewelry and I feel people will inevitably compare to fine jewelry house quality and price.

Though it seems like everyone is coming out with a fine jewelry line lol. I remember when Celine released theirs, wasn’t too impressed.

Am I the only one that doesn't seem to see any house codes reflected in their jewelry either? (Feels like it could be from anyone)

Agreed. I don't think the commercial pieces (YSL) are strong and the others are quite 'fashionable'. However, Saint Laurant is quite fashionable atm so it's hard to separate the yolk from the egg.

I would have liked to have seen:

Wood/yg bangles
large gem earrings
Large semi-precious gem cocktail rings
Mondrian inspired geometrics
Triangles and other geometrics
Square rings and bangles
Primary-coloured modernist jewels
Couture combos YSL was famous for (brown/bright pink turquoise/cobalt etc)
Gold/horn, and platinum/bone cigarette holder
Mirrored 'Deco' jewellery with gold wires

Maybe I should give Anthony a call and offer my services as consultant :biggrin:

Last edited:
Agreed. I don't think the commercial pieces (YSL) are strong and the others are quite 'fashionable'. However, Saint Laurant is quite fashionable atm so it's hard to operate the yolk from the egg.

I would have liked to have seen:

Wood/yg bangles
large gem eatings
Large semi-precious gem cocktail rings
Mondrian inspired geometrics
Triangles and other geometrics
Square rings and bracelets
Primary coloured modernist jewels
Cotoure combos YSL was famous for (brown/bright pink turquoise/cobalt etc)
Gold and horn, and platinum bone cigarette holder
Mirrored 'Deco' jewellery with gold wires

Maybe I should give Anthony a call and offer my services as consultant :biggrin:
10/10

• Thanks
Reactions: papertiger
What's your opinion on ysl's new fine jewellery? I personally like some of it, mainly the non logo pieces, but the prices seem way inflated:shocked: especially if they're hollow.