Saggy Epi Speedy?

MandB

O.G.
Dec 24, 2005
As some of you know, I purchased a mandarin Epi Speedy 25 from a MPRS on ebay a couple of weeks ago. When the bag is full the lining pulls around the zippered opening of the bag, which causes the zippered part to sit a little bit lower between the handles than it does on the regular monogram canvas Speedy. Does anyone else have this problem with their Epi Speedy? It's nothing major, but it just gets on my nerves. Thanks!

Wow. It took me a while to understand what you were talking about. I think what you mean is a dip appears between the handles, going from leaf-to-leaf. Yes I could see that to be annoying, but I can't say I have experienced that myself.

Thanks. I would think they'd fix the lining so that it doesn't pull. I know I had everyone authenticate the bag before I bought it on ebay, but I can't help but be a bit skeptical. Whew! Glad it's not just me, though I am sorry that it happens.

The newer soft epi? When did LV start using the new softer epi? My last epi purchase was the speedy less than 2 years ago, would that be with the new or old epi then? It feels stiff for me. I don't remember having that problem MandB has.

I think older speedys seem like they are softer. The Speedy 25 that I had was very structured, but soft in the areas that you would assume it to be from wear (like the middle bottom and top of the bag) and usage.

Soft epi was introduced in 2003 and is being used in some models and colours but not all. If your speedy is from the older stock, it would still be the old epi. What colour is yours? The mandarin and mocha are definitely in soft epi. Some colours were never made in soft epi.

I have the same problem with mine. It makes the whole thing look cheapo. I think theyre using thinner leather for the epi now, thats why it wrinkles too. I think the old leather was just too heavy