Safest place to sell Cartier?

Hello lovely PFers,
I haven’t been on this forum for some time, but I was wondering if I could gather some hive knowledge. I bought a yellow gold JUC back in 2013, with the older closing mechanism. I have never worn it (it actually still has all original packaging intact) and I am toying with selling it. I have a appointment with the Real Real, but it sounds like their commission would mean that I retain less than half the original purchase price. But I don’t have an eBay profile so that seems like a bad option. (Seller with zero reviews and all...). Is there any other place I should consider? Ideally, I want to use the money to buy a second Love, so I don’t really want to lose so much...

Reactions: jimmie staton
Ann’s Fabulous Finds has a 5 star rating from Trustpilot. While I’ve never consigned with them I have made purchases that have never disappointed. The staff is very helpful as well as professional. If you visit the website and scroll down to the consignment page you’ll find information regarding what percent of the sale you can expect to be paid and also how they go about listing clients items.

Ann’s Fabulous Finds has a 5 star rating from Trustpilot. While I’ve never consigned with them I have made purchases that have never disappointed. The staff is very helpful as well as professional. If you visit the website and scroll down to the consignment page you’ll find information regarding what percent of the sale you can expect to be paid and also how they go about listing clients items.
Thank you! Will check it out! For some reason, I can’t swallow the idea of losing half the purchase price! Makes me want to just keep it, but I’ve never worn it and I don’t think it’s my style, but....oy.

Hello lovely PFers,
I haven’t been on this forum for some time, but I was wondering if I could gather some hive knowledge. I bought a yellow gold JUC back in 2013, with the older closing mechanism. I have never worn it (it actually still has all original packaging intact) and I am toying with selling it. I have a appointment with the Real Real, but it sounds like their commission would mean that I retain less than half the original purchase price. But I don’t have an eBay profile so that seems like a bad option. (Seller with zero reviews and all...). Is there any other place I should consider? Ideally, I want to use the money to buy a second Love, so I don’t really want to lose so much...
I would get a quote from Gray & Sons in Florida... you contact them, send a picture, they give you a price, you mail out in their mailer and then you get a check... you never know, they just might have that second LOVE bracelet that you are looking for... it just might be an even trade, or a trade and you pay a little or a trade and they pay you a little. Especially since you have the original packing and all. I haven't done it, however, when my 10 year old son gets older, I would recommend that he uses them if he has to sell anything in my collection that I leave to him after I'm long gone. Would prefer him to keep it all and pass it down a few generations, but I think I have a bad feeling about my collection in his hands. lol
"J!m"

I've used Fashionphile and gotten some decent buyout offers from them. I've also used Ann's Fabulous Finds. I've been happy with both of them. You'll take a hit no matter what route you go. Ebay is where you'll get the most but for me, I didn't want to take the chance with someone trying to scam me. I preferred to take the loss with a consignor than risk someone scamming me out of my money and jewelry (because Ebay and Paypal notoriously sides with the Buyer unless you cover ever single possible base and even then you have to fight them to win).

Reactions: mcl1818
Does anyone have any good recommendations of where I can sell my used love bracelet? If so, around how much are you getting for them? I got a love bracelet but I’m beginning to think it’s to tight. :sad:

I sold my second one quite quickly on Vestiairecollective.com, but I lost a lot compare to the initial price (lower price + commission). I guess eBay would be better option?

Does anyone have any good recommendations of where I can sell my used love bracelet? If so, around how much are you getting for them? I got a love bracelet but I’m beginning to think it’s to tight. :sad:
VE DE DIAMANT he is very fair and very trust worthy person ,I've sold couple of my piece to him .very nice person I would trust him over some of the other website eBay fashionphille they don't give half of what it's worth .I feel he gives you more the other source out there . You can also if you want he will work with you if you see something has you like and let you exchange use the your money from love towards that other item too .

Last edited:
Reactions: SMS_305
Check out Anne’s Fabulous Finds. The consignment page shows a scale of what you can expect to be paid on the final selling price of the item you’ve consigned. The company will work with you to determine a price before your item is listed on their website.

Reactions: SMS_305
VE DE DIAMANT he is very fair and very trust worthy person ,I've sold couple of my piece to him .very nice person I would trust him over some of the other website eBay fashionphille they don't give half of what it's worth .I feel he gives you more the other source out there . You can also if you want he will work with you if you see something has you like and let you exchange use the your money from love towards that other item too .
Thanks I reached out to them.

Reactions: Kindness3
Are you any more likely to get more for the old screw stystem? Or is it less? Just curious as I have an old screw system that is too big for me. Still debating selling or saving for one of my kids later. Thanks!
Hello how are u if you want sell it and buy something else maybe another new clash would look amazing with your collection :heart:

Hello how are u if you want sell it and buy something else maybe another new clash would look amazing with your collection :heart:
Hi @Kindness3 I ended up selling it as it was way too big for me and didn’t work in my stack. I haven’t seen the clash in person yet.. but not sure it’s very “me”.. I keep eyeing the Bulgari serpenti... but my heart is so attached to Cartier. I may skip a new bracelet and just go with the vca 20 motif necklace next :loveeyes: