Safe space for Hermès newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickyJohn84

Nov 6, 2020
Hi everyone 👋

I have seen a few harsh comments recently pointed at Hermès newbies and those starting their journey, so I wanted a safe space where we can share our support, experiences, and insights, without the judgement 😀

I don't think anyone should be made to feel bad because they too want a Birkin or Kelly - after all it's what Hermès is famous for and the creme de la creme for handbag lovers!

Please be kind and respectful 🙏

Ps. I've written a little bit about my experience in the 'Hermès London' thread and 'slowing down,' but I've been visiting my store in the UK every month for around 18 months and waiting patiently on the wishlist.

I am a regular person so I try to spend what I can, but I'm not a massive spender unfortunately. I wasn't able to start my journey years ago and now is the worst time!

It's a bit disheartening waiting and hoping for so long. My SA shared some info on how they order bags into store and because I am a little picky on specs (these bags are a big investment in terms of money and effort so I want to make sure I am getting a bag I truly love) he said in a round about way that's its not likely 😔

If I'd have known this 18 months back I might have considered resale, even though I despise the massive inflation on the bags people have been lucky to buy in store.

Ps. I've written a little bit about my experience in the 'Hermès London' thread and 'slowing down,' but I've been visiting my store in the UK every month for around 18 months and waiting patiently on the wishlist.

I am a regular person so I try to spend what I can, but I'm not a massive spender unfortunately. I wasn't able to start my journey years ago and now is the worst time!

It's a bit disheartening waiting and hoping for so long. My SA shared some info on how they order bags into store and because I am a little picky on specs (these bags are a big investment in terms of money and effort so I want to make sure I am getting a bag I truly love) he said in a round about way that's its not likely 😔

If I'd have known this 18 months back I might have considered resale, even though I despise the massive inflation on the bags people have been lucky to buy in store.
Is it not likely because of your spend so far ( in which case if it's financially feasible to spend what you need to then maybe an offer will come), or is it not likely because of your specs (in which case spending more might not help).
You have to see if it really makes sense to stay and keep buying knowing an offer isn't really likely.
It might make more sense to go the reseller route now rather than spending more money and get nothing. I know that's hard to do after you spent so much already in store but how will you feel if in a year from now you spent even more and still nothing?

Hi everyone 👋

I have seen a few harsh comments recently pointed at Hermès newbies and those starting their journey, so I wanted a safe space where we can share our support, experiences, and insights, without the judgement 😀

I don't think anyone should be made to feel bad because they too want a Birkin or Kelly - after all it's what Hermès is famous for and the creme de la creme for handbag lovers!

Please be kind and respectful 🙏
I am so sorry you have seen that. This forum should be a place that welcomes everyone, no matter where they are in their H journey! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.