Sac De Jour Maintenance/Care?

MsVincit

Bag Beginner
Dec 7, 2015
Hey all!
I was just wondering, for anyone here who has the SDJ, what's your maintenance like? I am guilty of not having really done much in maintenance for my SDJ despite having it for three years now.
I mainly am careful around it, though it has a couple of little, barely noticeable stains and one very light scratch. I have the Oxblood so it used to be a brighter red, though the maroon has deepened with the patina and I love it.
I was thinking something along the lines of wiping the leather or..? What am I supposed to do? It's smooth calfskin.
Thanks!

Mine is the grained leather souple in a light pink and I spray every couple of months with carbon pro. If I get a mark on it I wipe it with a wet wipe (water only) to remove it. It still looks like new.

Mine is the grained leather souple in a light pink and I spray every couple of months with carbon pro. If I get a mark on it I wipe it with a wet wipe (water only) to remove it. It still looks like new.

Oh Carbon Pro? I haven’t heard of it! Is it okay for smooth calf leather? I’ll see if I can get it in Australia. Thank you for the suggestion.

I always test it on the bottom first but I’ve sprayed my Fendi peekaboo in nappa with it and that’s an incredibly delicate leather. If in doubt I email Collonil direct and they’re super responsive and helpful. Amazon sell it if you can’t find it locally :smile:

I always test it on the bottom first but I’ve sprayed my Fendi peekaboo in nappa with it and that’s an incredibly delicate leather. If in doubt I email Collonil direct and they’re super responsive and helpful. Amazon sell it if you can’t find it locally :smile:

I saw that it is available in Australia, yay! I’ll email them just to be sure and grab a bottle. Thank you! :smile: