Style Royal Ladies fashion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a very emotional ceremony, lots of tears from everyone.

e18dxy.jpg

jsk9hh.jpg

2hoz8cm.jpg

2lat0uw.jpg

zswmys.jpg

I love that family shot on the balcony of the Belgian Royal Family. The family balcony shots are always my favourite photos from royal events. Three very dignified Queens in this one! Seeing Queen Fabiola reminded me of the Privilége du blanc - Queen Mathilde will be joining that select group when she and King Phillipe next visit the Vatican. I saw a lovely photo a while ago of Queen Fabiola in a beautiful mantilla at the Vatican.

As much as it's fun where there's lots of pomp and circumstance I do like how simple this Abdication process seemed to be.

I love that family shot on the balcony of the Belgian Royal Family. The family balcony shots are always my favourite photos from royal events. Three very dignified Queens in this one! Seeing Queen Fabiola reminded me of the Privilége du blanc - Queen Mathilde will be joining that select group when she and King Phillipe next visit the Vatican. I saw a lovely photo a while ago of Queen Fabiola in a beautiful mantilla at the Vatican.

As much as it's fun where there's lots of pomp and circumstance I do like how simple this Abdication process seemed to be.
You know, I agree with you 100%. I went into today ceremonies disappointed with the simplicity and lack a foreign royals. I came away thinking this is exactly how I see the Belgian royals. Regal, elegant and understated. They're the royal family of old. The ceremonies in the Netherlands was like a microcosm of King WA and Maxima with all the glitz and glamour. The British royals own pomp and circumstance, and no one can compete. It's smart of the other monarchies not to attempt to match the expense and history of the Brits. I loved today's ceremonies and the warmth and loved and above all, respect for their own traditions that the Belgians displayed. King Philippe and Queen Mathilde long may they reign.

Mathilde looked amazingly elegant today.

Zimbio

mtusgh.jpg
2zjeulx.jpg

kcaus1.jpg
fjlqbq.jpg

I love the love

2mzm9vo.jpg
ztdr1l.jpg

120jgix.jpg
14eco08.jpg

Last edited:
This the problem with Mathilde and Maxima wearing so many of the same or similar outfits by NATAN. Doesn't Max have this dress in a slightly different style? I hope I'm wrong because today should be solely the new queen's day with no reference to another queen at all IMO.

Zimbio

28c1qox.jpg
2jam3ip.jpg

2e4byns.jpg
f2t46r.jpg

oq8xac.jpg
10roghj.jpg

11261kk.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.