Rouge Grenat

Hi all! I found a rouge grenat Birkin 30 in Togo leather in perfect condition. What do you all think about this color? I don’t think rouge is a very popular color now (I could be wrong tho). Do you think rouge (especially rouge grenat) will come back in style in the future and hold value in the future? If you have this color in your Hermes collections, and regret or advice? Thank you so much!

• Love
Reactions: rumes
This is the bag I found. VCA carnelian necklace has been on my wishlist. I prefer the darker carnelian. I think a darker carnelian goes really well with this Birkin. If you have both pieces, can you please share some pictures?

Last question - do you think rouge grenat is an all year round color? Or more fall/winter color?

Thank you ;)

Attachments

• IMG_7164.jpeg
    IMG_7164.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Love
Reactions: Sferics
Personally, when I’m trying to consider my next bag purchase, I always think about what would work for my wardrobe and my lifestyle. I rarely taken into consideration, resale value or what color is in style or not. If you love the color, buy the bag :smile:

Rouge H has become very popular lately and although I haven’t seen this particular color in person, it’s in the same color family.

Just check your wardrobe. It's a good red for people who have wardrobes that are neither extremely cool or warm. RG is tonal with clear or grey-browns, and all sorts of berries. It has pinky-undertones and will sit well with blacks, purples and navies and coordinate with clear neutrals (slightly warm or 'cool') like soft (dusty) pinks, blues, greens, and/or near neutrals like ecru, khaki, beige, stone/grey/greige.

I have this bag. I purchased it as a random walk in offer in Tokyo so I didn’t have much of a choice at the time. I have struggled to pair it with my wardrobe because I wear a lot of blacks. However, if you like reds, it is a truly gorgeous bag. It photographs more beautifully than many of my more neutral bags. I do not regret buying this bag even though I am really not a red person.

Attachments

• IMG_1542.jpeg
    IMG_1542.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
Get it if you love and it suits your style! I think it's a year-round color. I would just make sure you see it in real life and/or able to return because H reds (and all their colors really) are so hard to capture accurately. Personally, I prefer true blue-tone red so grenat or rouge H don't work for me.

Reactions: crystlelinlin528
FWIW I have a rouge garance evelyne which is very close in color and I have been shocked at how versatile the color is. It is a pop of color without being too bright that I love. Looks beautiful with greys, camels, navy, black, white, etc. If you love it, go for it! I do not think you will regret it!! Forgot to add that I wear this color year round!

Reactions: crystlelinlin528
I have a rouge grenat belt kit and it is a great neutral red: its not too bright (like rouge casaque or rouge de couer), or too muted (like Rouge H or Brique), so would be a great pop of color year round, especially if you wear a lot of neutrals. My belt kit is PHW btw (I prefer PHW in general) and it looks super fresh with that combo. I've seen it paired with GHW and it also looks great: a little more sophisticated and elegant. Good luck with your decision!

Hi all! I found a rouge grenat Birkin 30 in Togo leather in perfect condition. What do you all think about this color? I don’t think rouge is a very popular color now (I could be wrong tho). Do you think rouge (especially rouge grenat) will come back in style in the future and hold value in the future? If you have this color in your Hermes collections, and regret or advice? Thank you so much!
Dark red is one of the most “in” colors atm. But honestly that will go out. Buy it if you love it. The obsession with in and out is silly when spending this much. Does it make your heart sing when you look at it? Do you have colors in your closet to wear with it? Or do you want to have colors in your closet to wear with it 😂?

Dark red is a classic color. Just like navy, gold, black are classic colors.

Honestly, for CTG and K25, my dream color is RG. Never hesitate, if the condition of the bag is good. Wishing you good use of it in advance.