Rose Pop vs Indien Rose?

Rose Pop is MUCH prettier. It has shimmer and sheen (almost like frosted lipstick), like all other vernis items (Bleu Nuit, Amarante, Pomme, Rouge Fauviste, Bleu Lagoon, every one of them) that came before Rose Indien. Rose Indien is the ONLY vernis item LV has ever done that does not have a shimmer. I don't like it at all personally. Too flat and boring. To me it no longer looks rich and expensive and luxurious compared to all past years issues of vernis items. Reminds me of a Barbie car.

The shimmer is what gives Vernis its beauty - that changing of the color when it hits different lights; that subtle shimmer and flecks of glmmering. I hope this is a one-time thing that LV is skimping on the finishing of their vernis. If this is all that's coming down the pike, I honestly won't be buying any more Vernis. It's lost what made it look gorgeous and expensive. I'm not knocking anyone that does like it - it's just my opinion that this is what the difference is, and I don't like it at all.

Last edited:
charleston-mom said:
Rose Pop is MUCH prettier. It has shimmer and sheen (almost like frosted lipstick), like all other vernis items (Bleu Nuit, Amarante, Pomme, Rouge Fauviste, Bleu Lagoon, every one of them) that came before Rose Indien. Rose Indien is the ONLY vernis item LV has ever done that does not have a shimmer. I don't like it at all personally. Too flat and boring. To me it no longer looks rich and expensive and luxurious compared to all past years issues of vernis items. Reminds me of a Barbie car.

The shimmer is what gives Vernis its beauty - that changing of the color when it hits different lights; that subtle shimmer and flecks of glmmering. I hope this is a one-time thing that LV is skimping on the finishing of their vernis. If this is all that's coming down the pike, I honestly won't be buying any more Vernis. It's lost what made it look gorgeous and expensive. I'm not knocking anyone that does like it - it's just my opinion that this is what the difference is, and I don't like it at all.

I haven't seen the new rose colors IRL yet...is the rose velours also flat?

Rose Velours has sparkles. Rose Indian is flat/matte. I am a matte color person. Red is my favorite color, but I don't like Pomme bc of the sparkles. I bought the Key Pouch in Rose Indian, and I love it! It shows fingerprints pretty easily, but I still love the color.