Rose gold jewellery

ln88

O.G.
Jan 18, 2012
I’m looking to build out my rose gold collection and looking for reputable brands with a variety of designs. Until now I have purchased mostly Cartier and VCA but would love to expand, especially if there are any recommendations at a slightly lower price point? I’ve looked at Roberto Coin and Chopard but neither really speak to me.. TIA for your help!

I’m looking to build out my rose gold collection and looking for reputable brands with a variety of designs. Until now I have purchased mostly Cartier and VCA but would love to expand, especially if there are any recommendations at a slightly lower price point? I’ve looked at Roberto Coin and Chopard but neither really speak to me.. TIA for your help!
Specifically what kind of pieces are you looking for?
Earrings, bracelets, necklaces.
There are some really wonderful estate rose gold pieces if you have any interest in that direction, JMO

My only rg-only (apart from antique) comes from Tiffany (an XL high-polish brooch) and Hermes (2 pairs of high-polished earrings).

My Cartier that has rg is always mixed. A good way of incorporating other colour golds for a jewellery wardrobe (if you don't mind mixed metal)

All 3 brands are a subtle shade IMO. As you can see, I think it's important to know which texture suits the colour, and I'm not so keen on matte rg as it deepens (and in my eyes cheapens) the piece. Whereas, I don't mind if my wg or yg is hammered, satin, bark etc.

I only have yg RC, and it's also vintage. I would recommend if the quality is still the same.

Reactions: ln88
There are some really wonderful estate rose gold pieces if you have any interest in that direction, JMO
I have a couple art nouveau pendants in rose gold. Bought them on ebay years ago.

I also have a rose gold watch pendant that's probably from the 1890s-1900 era. It doesn't work but it's stunning. Has a steampunk vibe.

The heyday of rose gold jewelry was the early 1900s. It's amazing what you can find on the antique jewelry web sites like Ruby Lane (which I highly recommend). But ebay is also a great hunting place.

Rose gold jewelry was more popular in Europe than in the U.S. for most of the 20th century. And it was usually made in 18K. There are lots of gorgeous antique pieces around that include natural pearls and gemstones.