Rose gold fading ? Tiffany and Co? Cartier?

Blueboxes

Jan 21, 2013
I have read in this forum that some find their Cartier and Tiffany RG fading ?
Never heard this before as I know of RG pieces that are 50 years old and are still very rosy even after being worn for along time.
I am about to invest in a Tiffany DBTY necklace and want to wear it 24/7 as well as a Cartier Love later this year.
Please share your experiences with RG, particularly Tiffany and Cartier.
Thanks x

I've had my rose gold Tiffany key for about four years now and haven't had any problems with it! :smile:
Oh thanks ! I love Tiffany's RG , have recently upgraded my E Ring and weddingband and new RG band is sooooo lovely, I want to make my future T Co purchases RG starting with the DBTY necklace. After reading somewhere here it's not for everyday use, I started to worry !

My rose gold from Tiffany faded, so I don't wear it as a daily piece any more.
I love Tiffany though and I don't believe that it's a quality issue. I think that fading rose gold is just normal for some pieces. It certainly wouldn't stop me from purchasing Tiffany rose gold in the future.

My rose gold from Tiffany faded, so I don't wear it as a daily piece any more.
I love Tiffany though and I don't believe that it's a quality issue. I think that fading rose gold is just normal for some pieces. It certainly wouldn't stop me from purchasing Tiffany rose gold in the future.
How bad is it faded ? Does it still look rosy or is it completely like their yellow ?

I have two Tiffany pendants and a necklace, all RG. I have been wearing them for months, nonstop, 24/7, only removing them for gym and shower and they haven't faded at all. I would be surprised if it faded as it's 18k RG alloy, not plated.

I have a RG cartier love ring which I've worn for 6 months, and a brand new RG love bracelet. The ring has some patina from minor scratches so not as shiny, but when I place them together, they're still the same color IMO.

The cartier rose gold is like everyone says, very subtle. The first time I wore it at the cartier boutique I thought it's yellow gold, even when compared with another yellow gold piece. It has to do with the lighting. When I walk outside it looks more pink to me.

But I think I'll still love them IF EVER they turn yellow...I was wanting for yellow gold in the beginning and got rose gold because they're out of stock, so I don't mind it at all. I grew to love the rose gold though... so Yellow -> Polish -> Rose = Best of both worlds! :biggrin:

I have a RG cartier love ring which I've worn for 6 months, and a brand new RG love bracelet. The ring has some patina from minor scratches so not as shiny, but when I place them together, they're still the same color IMO.

The cartier rose gold is like everyone says, very subtle. The first time I wore it at the cartier boutique I thought it's yellow gold, even when compared with another yellow gold piece. It has to do with the lighting. When I walk outside it looks more pink to me.

But I think I'll still love them IF EVER they turn yellow...I was wanting for yellow gold in the beginning and got rose gold because they're out of stock, so I don't mind it at all. I grew to love the rose gold though... so Yellow -> Polish -> Rose = Best of both worlds! :biggrin:
I do like the more subtle rosiness of the T Co and Cartier. I just hope it doesn't go all yellow gold. When I went to Cartier the other day, I had difficulty seeing much of a difference in their light between RG and YG. Where as at Tiffany's I can always clearly see what is what.
Looks so different in different lights !