Rogue Quality Issues w Hardware

I totally agree...I love the rogue, but I just received a tea rose dinky in Rouge for ChristmasView attachment 3557253. It's beeeaaauutiful!! I have to add... I have a chalk dinky and don't ever carry it. I've already downsized to fill up the rouge dinky. I'm carrying it tomorrow!

Beautiful.

What is chipping badly for me is my key chain, I wear on my Rogue. I"ve only had it since Thanksgiving.
IMG_0191.JPG

And.....I will hate if I see any hardware issues, but I will still keep. Reason I said that so strongly the first time is the fact I saw a comment from another poster acting like we all had gotten swindled by purchasing a Rogue.
I didn't feel swindled either. I returned mine because the hardware issues showed up the second time I used the bag. I still [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173] my other Rogue and Coach. I'm also very happy for those of you who have this hardware and haven't had any issues. It's my favorite hardware! I think it looks so classy and goes with almost any color.

Reactions: Hobbsy
I decided to pack it up and ship back today. It's a deep rusty orange residue on the strap. The residue is only on the chain on spots where leather is touching it. Not quite sure what it is but I'm assuming it would have only gotten worse with time.

I've been put back on bedrest until delivery and have been doing way too much online shopping out of boredom! I need to find a new book to read to occupy my time.
Bed rest is no fun. Hope you find some good books to keep you company. Hang in there!

I'll have to keep checking my 1st generation Chalk Rogue. I have not noticed, but I put it away for the winter.

Anyway, I prefer the brass hardware, so I have not purchased a new Rogue because most of them have the gunmetal hardware.
So is this happening with gunmetal and black copper hardware? I just bought a 1st edition rogue in oxblood and was considering a 1st edition chalk rogue. I have the mineral, rivets rogue both with brass hardware. I prefer the 1st edition bags but should I avoid the gunmetal or black copper hardware all together?

So is this happening with gunmetal and black copper hardware? I just bought a 1st edition rogue in oxblood and was considering a 1st edition chalk rogue. I have the mineral, rivets rogue both with brass hardware. I prefer the 1st edition bags but should I avoid the gunmetal or black copper hardware all together?

It's hard to say if you should "avoid" the gunmetal or black copper hardware but based on the fact that some people have had issues with theirs it's just something to be aware of. You might want to mention your concerns to your SA if you have one that you trust and have a good relationship with in the event yours chips, otherwise I would just make sure that you can return the item if it doesn't hold up.

Get it! I have a first edition in chalk, wore it practically every day this summer and looks good as new. It's beautiful!!