Rogue Club

That's what happened to a lot of tpf'ers back when the FOS had a lot of deletes. People (including me) were buying left and right because of the price, not because it was a bag we really wanted or even a bag we kinda wanted. A lot of us bought bags we liked, but in colors we didn't like....or bought bags that had a great color, but we weren't fond of the style. It was the whole buying frenzy just because it was a good price.....and then we ended up with a bunch of bags we didn't really want even though the prices were great. Even though you love Rogues, if you don't like the color you probably won't use it much, if at all. If you hate to return it because you got it at such a great price, then sell it, make yourself a bit of profit and buy something that you really want and someone else who really wants an olive rogue would have a chance to own one.

*Just my thoughts on the whole 'don't love it, but too good of a price to pass up' theme that I've read from several tpf'ers on here.*
Thanks for your thoughts. It's not that I don't love it but I already have the Swagger in the burnished surplus. I was comparing the two styles and colors but not sure if it's a fair comparison. The Swagger is not my favorite style but the color treatment is unique and I like it, but I like the Rogue style better. I would definitely carry the Olive Rogue if I keep it more than I've carried the Swagger. It's my own dilemma of trying to get away from buying and selling bags and being content with what I have. If that makes sense.

Thanks for your thoughts. It's not that I don't love it but I already have the Swagger in the burnished surplus. I was comparing the two styles and colors but not sure if it's a fair comparison. The Swagger is not my favorite style but the color treatment is unique and I like it, but I like the Rogue style better. I would definitely carry the Olive Rogue if I keep it more than I've carried the Swagger. It's my own dilemma of trying to get away from buying and selling bags and being content with what I have. If that makes sense.
That makes total sense. I wish they would have made a few Rogues with the burnished colors like they did the saddle bags and your swagger. Swagger doesn't work for me, but your olive / green color is gorgeous and sure did tempt me!

It's so true...you can't stop with one. The 25 is just so cute!
View attachment 3746983

Oh, so cute. I am waiting for the Rogue 25 in Chalk I bought on the second hand market (I think it is currently trapped in a CBSA warehouse, or wherever Canada Post stores/loses international packages until they feel like delivering them). I hope it gets here before I run out of summer days to carry it! :-s

I tried and tried to find an Azure during the F&F, but had no luck! It seemed like I just kept missing them. That blue is so pretty! Is the color as vibrant in person as it looks in the photos? I got a 25 in chalk a couple days ago, and was surprised by how much I love the size. Moved right in! Now I'm worried I may never reach for my Oxblood. It is a beautiful bag, but I prefer the size of the 25. Enjoy your bags, they are all gorgeous!!
i know a store that just got it in because an SA asked me if i'm still looking for one. Let me know if you're still interested!

Reactions: lovethecoach
Great selection!! I love the look of the oak fringe rogue, but hesitated because I wasn't sure how well it would carry. Have you carried it yet?
Also, how do you feel about your mineral whiplash? I just received mine yesterday and was so excited for the color, but was a little underwhelmed when I opened it. (So sorry this is off topic of this board, you can PM me if you'd rather.)

I used only once, but I like it! Unlike many people here, I like the fringe on the bag. They cascades beautifully, and gives one-tone suede bag more drama. I tend to go for bags that can be a statement piece and this bag fits the bill. Oak suede looks great in Spring/Summer/Fall, I'm happy I got this bag for $400.

As for the Mineral Saddle, it's going back. I don't care for the color much, bag is very functional, but I prefer the White color over Mineral.

I used only once, but I like it! Unlike many people here, I like the fringe on the bag. They cascades beautifully, and gives one-tone suede bag more drama. I tend to go for bags that can be a statement piece and this bag fits the bill. Oak suede looks great in Spring/Summer/Fall, I'm happy I got this bag for $400.

As for the Mineral Saddle, it's going back. I don't care for the color much, bag is very functional, but I prefer the White color over Mineral.

Do you have the Whiplash Saddle in Chalk? Have you posted pictures of it somewhere?

I love the Mineral colour; as I said in a thread yesterday I just realized it is a perfect match to one my favourite rings which has a blue-green sapphire. I can understand however why it might not appeal to everyone :smile:

Oh, so cute. I am waiting for the Rogue 25 in Chalk I bought on the second hand market (I think it is currently trapped in a CBSA warehouse, or wherever Canada Post stores/loses international packages until they feel like delivering them). I hope it gets here before I run out of summer days to carry it! :-s
I hope you get your bag soon! I was talking to some people in the Coach store about it being a great bag for summer, and they all told me that they carry their chalk rogue all year long. I can see that.

I hope you get your bag soon! I was talking to some people in the Coach store about it being a great bag for summer, and they all told me that they carry their chalk rogue all year long. I can see that.

I hope so too!

I could see why they would carry it year round - I think the Oxblood handles (or the Black handles for the original 1st generation) make it a little more versatile.

Winters here are long and mucky though, so I think mine will be kept safely in its dustbag over winter!

Last edited:
Reactions: lovethecoach
That's what happened to a lot of tpf'ers back when the FOS had a lot of deletes. People (including me) were buying left and right because of the price, not because it was a bag we really wanted or even a bag we kinda wanted. A lot of us bought bags we liked, but in colors we didn't like....or bought bags that had a great color, but we weren't fond of the style. It was the whole buying frenzy just because it was a good price.....and then we ended up with a bunch of bags we didn't really want even though the prices were great. Even though you love Rogues, if you don't like the color you probably won't use it much, if at all. If you hate to return it because you got it at such a great price, then sell it, make yourself a bit of profit and buy something that you really want and someone else who really wants an olive rogue would have a chance to own one.

*Just my thoughts on the whole 'don't love it, but too good of a price to pass up' theme that I've read from several tpf'ers on here.*

This is why I am glad not to have access to FOS, and a local outlet that really doesn't get many FP deletes. Trying to keep myself good twice a year for SAS across brands I like is already bad enough!

This is why I am glad not to have access to FOS, and a local outlet that really doesn't get many FP deletes. Trying to keep myself good twice a year for SAS across brands I like is already bad enough!
Well-said; you perfectly summed up the psychology afoot. I have to admit it has been a struggle at times not to yield to overwhelming temptation. It is also why I have not sought out any F&F nor do I mourn the lack of access to FOS. I am happy with the few pieces at great prices I scored. Nothing more is calling my name TG!

It sounds like we have similar taste! I love the fringe on my oxblood saddle, was so surprised some people wanted to remove it! I will have to look at the suede fringe rogue again. Thank you for your feedback on it!
And I agree, I love the functionality of the whiplash saddle and got so excited over the oxblood. I was rather disappointed in the mineral. I think the colors in my wardrobe may be partly to blame, though, because I had seen an SA wearing it and thought it was stunning. I can understand why you love it @RayKay!

Well-said; you perfectly summed up the psychology afoot. I have to admit it has been a struggle at times not to yield to overwhelming temptation. It is also why I have not sought out any F&F nor do I mourn the lack of access to FOS. I am happy with the few pieces at great prices I scored. Nothing more is calling my name TG!

Sounds like you have achieved Purse Peace or Handbag Harmony! At least for now!

I absolutely gave into temptation over the last 2-3 months not just with Coach but other brands, but to be fair I have not bought any bags/related items for the last 4-5 years, and purged a few bags from my closet earlier this year so have been "refilling" my personal bag "needs".

I recognize I do have an issue buying multiples of certain styles when there is a sale (if I can get 2 for what I would have normally spent on 1, well, well why not get 2!). I do feel I have sort of achieved a good state now. I am sure other bags will be tempting (and they are hiding out in my Wishlists!), but I know i don't really have a "need" to fill.

I am winding down though for the year. For example, when I did have the F&F code the other day I was REALLY tempted to get another Saddle 23 at 40% off....but before I pressed check out, I actually took my Saddle 23 in Butterscotch out, put it on, realized while it is super cute it has limited functionality for me due to size so will get used less often anyway, and I really do NOT need another colour of it when the colour I have really is what I consider perfect for this bag! Having another Saddle 23 will just cause me to stress about not using one or both enough. I know it is a small thing, but I am happy I did not give in to the sale fever (though I did buy two other bags that were on my wishlist!).

I do find it important to rotate and use my bags, and so I find that if I get to have too many I am almost less inclined to rotate as it can be overwhelming. Right now I have a total of 20 bags in various sizes (some multiples of same bag, different colours). I am planning to donate 2 of them, my last two RM Nikkis as I just find them too big/cavernous - I have others that are more comfortable and functional for me, including my Rogues. I am having a hard time parting with them though as I love the colours and they were sort of my gateway into nicer bags, but I also feel sad seeing them unused while I don't feel that inclined to carry them. Then I plan to be on a ban for a long while, as like I said, there really are no needs to fill, and a new colour does not create a need! Coach does such wonderful colours, though....

I really don't want to go above 20 bags, like ever, but I also have to remind myself not going above 20 bags does not mean I need to actually have a minimum of 20 bags! It is okay to stop before that ;)

It sounds like we have similar taste! I love the fringe on my oxblood saddle, was so surprised some people wanted to remove it! I will have to look at the suede fringe rogue again. Thank you for your feedback on it!
And I agree, I love the functionality of the whiplash saddle and got so excited over the oxblood. I was rather disappointed in the mineral. I think the colors in my wardrobe may be partly to blame, though, because I had seen an SA wearing it and thought it was stunning. I can understand why you love it @RayKay!

I love the fringe on my mineral saddle. I was worried how I would feel about it based on comments I had read, but it suits the bag and I don't think it is that overwhelming. I definitely know I have a fringe limit though :biggrin: I totally admire those suede fringe Rogues in photos though. They look so pettable! If you get one please post lots of pictures.

You could be right about the wardrobe colours. I wore my mineral yesterday with creams/tans, and loved it, but when I put it on today with some darker colours I did not like how it looked (it sort of looked heavy and dark) and switched out. I do think it probably works better with my casual wardrobe over my work wardrobe. I would have liked it in Oxblood I think a lot, but when Oxblood popped back up in SAS it sold out in minutes. I am hoping the Nomad Crossbody in Burgundy I ordered will fill the Oxblood/Burgundy void :smile:

Reactions: pumpkinhl
That makes total sense. I wish they would have made a few Rogues with the burnished colors like they did the saddle bags and your swagger. Swagger doesn't work for me, but your olive / green color is gorgeous and sure did tempt me!
A burnished leather Rogue! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] I just broke out in a sweat! [emoji27]