Alexander Wang Rockie zipper

valeri

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
Anyone else have the rockie that have difficulty zipping up? Received it earlier today and love it, but having trouble zipping up. Is this common? Will it get easier once I break her in with use?

Anyone else have the rockie that have difficulty zipping up? Received it earlier today and love it, but having trouble zipping up. Is this common? Will it get easier once I break her in with use?[/QUOTE

Just received my Rockie from Nordstrom. I find it difficult to zip up too :sad: I'm still going to keep it. So happy to finally score this beauty at 50% off :yahoo:

I’m noticing the zipper is not as bad when I first got it. I’ve been opening and closing (zipping) it a few times a day. I got that same deal too from Nordstrom! :tup: Can’t beat that deal so I’m keeping my too:yes:

I got the same deal at Nordstrom. I ended up returning mine. Aside from the zipper issue, the clasp on the shoulder strap did not close all the way when I pressed on it. The corners had scuffs as well and there was no dust bag. I'm guessing mine was a used one that got returned. Oh well.

I got the same deal at Nordstrom. I ended up returning mine. Aside from the zipper issue, the clasp on the shoulder strap did not close all the way when I pressed on it. The corners had scuffs as well and there was no dust bag. I'm guessing mine was a used one that got returned. Oh well.
That’s a bummer. I would’ve returned mine too if it were in your condition. Sometimes I see them pop up on the website when they have one in stock. You just gotta keep eyeing it all day.

Reactions: Scully Piper
Yes, it’s a common issue with the Rockie that the zipper is a bit of a pain, probably because of its curved design. Mine got a bit easier with use, I think as the leather broke in a bit and I got used to it. Also if the tines are sticking, I’ve heard that rubbing a pencil along the tines will make the zipper glide better. But I didn’t want to try this as my Rockie is latte color and didn’t want to risk stains!

Most of the time I just keep the zipper open and the flap covers the inside. Enjoy your bag!

Reactions: valeri