RM NYC Sample sale

I went I got gifts for family for Christmas they had some good prices on some things but had to be careful of damage etc, I got the Reagan hobo and a large Darren messenger (sample bag not in production) its kind of cool to get samples that have very few no one else will have the exact bag my mother will love it! I was impressed with the amount of stock some sample sales at 260 don't have nearly as much. I went back once and it was all picked over though so I am glad I went early!

I went I got gifts for family for Christmas they had some good prices on some things but had to be careful of damage etc, I got the Reagan hobo and a large Darren messenger (sample bag not in production) its kind of cool to get samples that have very few no one else will have the exact bag my mother will love it! I was impressed with the amount of stock some sample sales at 260 don't have nearly as much. I went back once and it was all picked over though so I am glad I went early!
I have one sample bag from 07 that was never put into production and I love it. I kind of like knowing there were only a few made and I have one of them.
I like the Reagan hobo, do you have a picture?

Anyone went to a sample sale? What are your thoughts?
I grabbed the only one I liked, here it is, MAB mini.

Oh Shelby and ladies! In past years I bought so many things at that sample sale. Every female in my life over the age of 12 had a Rebecca Minkoff bag, usually the little five zip Crossbody, or the more formidible one that was crossbody, can’t remember the name. The RM I posted yesterday was from that sale. I don’t work nearby anymore but when I did it was irresistable! I didn’t take a lot of pics back then so I don’t have any of my, say, jaguar green (my color name) Beloved, which was the first one I bought there. Enjoy your beautiful bags and other buys, and the warm glow that goes with them. Cheers!

Oh Shelby and ladies! In past years I bought so many things at that sample sale. Every female in my life over the age of 12 had a Rebecca Minkoff bag, usually the little five zip Crossbody, or the more formidible one that was crossbody, can’t remember the name. The RM I posted yesterday was from that sale. I don’t work nearby anymore but when I did it was irresistable! I didn’t take a lot of pics back then so I don’t have any of my, say, jaguar green (my color name) Beloved, which was the first one I bought there. Enjoy your beautiful bags and other buys, and the warm glow that goes with them. Cheers!
Yes her sample sale threads were like 100 pages! Do you still have that Beloved?

Yes her sample sale threads were like 100 pages! Do you still have that Beloved?

No. I passed it along to one if the many ladies over the age of 12, lol. Seriously, I have 6 stepgrandaughters and 1 goddaughter, all teens at the same time, plus their moms plus my own daughter plus my elderly mom’s aides. I went bag crazy for a number of years, with this sample sale as a big part of it, but I always knew there would be an enthusiastic recipient when I intermittently went into downsize mode. My extended family is absolutely fabulous in indulging my, umm, hobby??? And why not :smile:

Reactions: Shelby33
No. I passed it along to one if the many ladies over the age of 12, lol. Seriously, I have 6 stepgrandaughters and 1 goddaughter, all teens at the same time, plus their moms plus my own daughter plus my elderly mom’s aides. I went bag crazy for a number of years, with this sample sale as a big part of it, but I always knew there would be an enthusiastic recipient when I intermittently went into downsize mode. My extended family is absolutely fabulous in indulging my, umm, hobby??? And why not :smile:
I wish my daughter liked bags but she could care less! I do gift them when it's time to downsize but my OS RMs are staying with me!

Reactions: westvillage
I wish my daughter liked bags but she could care less! I do gift them when it's time to downsize but my OS RMs are staying with me!

I isolated the Beloved from a group shot and here it is. The lining was that black and white swirling floral that RM used and the leather was thick and chewy. I remember there were tables of Beloveds at the sale in pure colors like deep purple and butterscotch. Her designs were so creative.

B42B87DF-F965-436A-8E8C-EA08F65D09B5.jpeg

I isolated the Beloved from a group shot and here it is. The lining was that black and white swirling floral that RM used and the leather was thick and chewy. I remember there were tables of Beloveds at the sale in pure colors like deep purple and butterscotch. Her designs were so creative.

View attachment 4576730
Oh I love that, great color!

Reactions: westvillage