RM Kiss Clutch pop open, any help?

summer6310

O.G.
Jul 21, 2009
I received a really cute RM Kiss in fine wine from Bluefly today and I was so excited that I was able to get it in this color and with good price. I remember saw someone post here that the bag doesn't stay close when wear crossbody. I tried mine today with the bag half full and found that the bag does pop open easily if I pull one side of the strap too hard. I looked at the bag closely and tried to play with it a few times, I think it is the natural of the design makes it pop open easily when wear with strap, not just the defect on one bag.

I really like the bag and want to keep it, I'm hoping there is a way I can keep the bag close when I use the strap. I know I can always just use it as a clutch and it will stay close just fine, but I do want to carry it as shoulder bag.... Anyone owns this bag and has the same experience? Any tips and tricks will help. Thanks so much!!!

Summer, I owned the Kiss in Fine Wine last year from LunaBoston, and I had the same exact problem. I fill the bag up with lightweight items and whenever I gently lift the bag up by the strap, it pops open. And when I wore the strap on my shoulder and take even the smallest step, the bag pops open. I grew frustrated to the point I complained to Nicole at RM and she was aware of the problem due to many customers complaining of the same thing.

She thinks its a defect and asked me to return it to Lunaboston. I did so. She claimed they're going to look into the problem and see if they can improve on it somehow. If the problem bothers you a lot, I highly recommend you email Nicole and see what she can do. And see if BlueFly can accept your return to due to to manufacture's defect. I don't think there's anyway to prevent it from popping open unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply, Princess Garnet! After some thought I'd decided to just return it. It's a shame it's such a beautiful bag! I really hope that RM will resolve the manufacture problem and come out the new Kiss again.

Thanks for posting this summer6310. This issue has been bothering me since I bought it from Amazon a few weeks ago, but I got it at such a great price (more than 50% off) that I thought I might be able to live with the annoyance/defect. However, after reading your and PrincessGarnet's posts, I've decided that I will return it as well.

It is a beautiful bag, such a shame indeed.

I wish these retailers would just stop selling these bags completely, and RM would recall all these bags back. It annoys me when I see these bags still up for sale. you'd be so lucky to get one without the defect. But it's probably rare. I'm glad I could help ladies. I'm so sorry you got the defected Kiss. Here's hoping for the Fall collection a newer improved version of this clutch will pop up soon.