RM Avery Iridescent crossbody - anyone own this color purse?

healthysaver

Nov 26, 2014
I ordered this color purse a few days ago and I'm getting worried lol.
When I first saw the purse I thought it was a unique colored purse. Now I can't find many Iridescent RM purse reviews on Youtube or online and I am thinking not many own this color?
Does anyone have this colored purse by RM? How bright is it? I hope it is not florescent bright neon blue... I'm hoping more like a oil slick toned down blue lol.

I bought the mab tote mini in iridescent and was worried about the colour. Couldn't find much on it either! I wouldn't say it's fluorescent but it captures the light so it's sparkly for sure. It's really hard to capture on camera what the 'colour' looks like. It's like fireworks; better seen with the eyes lol. Anyway I've attached some pictures of my iridescent bag at different angles. Took these in room lighting since it's night time here.
https://s15.postimg.org/kmwgxnksb/IMG_20161130_194351_1.jpg
https://s16.postimg.org/ia9rs48r9/IMG_20161130_194515_1.jpg
https://s14.postimg.org/ni2pvnj1d/IMG_20161130_194409_1.jpg

I bought the mab tote mini in iridescent and was worried about the colour. Couldn't find much on it either! I wouldn't say it's fluorescent but it captures the light so it's sparkly for sure. It's really hard to capture on camera what the 'colour' looks like. It's like fireworks; better seen with the eyes lol. Anyway I've attached some pictures of my iridescent bag at different angles. Took these in room lighting since it's night time here.
https://s15.postimg.org/kmwgxnksb/IMG_20161130_194351_1.jpg
https://s16.postimg.org/ia9rs48r9/IMG_20161130_194515_1.jpg
https://s14.postimg.org/ni2pvnj1d/IMG_20161130_194409_1.jpg

Oh thank you for the pics.
Is your tote patent leather? In the picture it looks like patent glare but it might be from the flashlight? Your first picture looks pretty dark but vibrant hues. I like the 2nd photo tone better... Oh the suspense...

Oh thank you for the pics.
Is your tote patent leather? In the picture it looks like patent glare but it might be from the flashlight? Your first picture looks pretty dark but vibrant hues. I like the 2nd photo tone better... Oh the suspense...
It's saffiano I think. I hope when your bag arrives you like it :smile:
I'll try take some pictures on the weekend in natural sunlight !

IMG_20161203_184006.jpg

IMG_20161203_184652_2.jpg
Natural sunlight. It's definitely prettier in sunlight and more close to what it actually looks like :smile:

Last edited:
I got the Hudson mini moto bag in this color and the strap started peeling big time before I ever used it, had picked it up maybe three times total. I figure if the strap is already peeling, it's only a matter of time before the flap started to as well since that's an area that's gunna get bent back a lot. I don't want to baby my bags. This was my first RM purchase so I'm really not impressed. And of course no return label was in the box so now I have to deal with their terrible customer service...great

I got the Hudson mini moto bag in this color and the strap started peeling big time before I ever used it, had picked it up maybe three times total. I figure if the strap is already peeling, it's only a matter of time before the flap started to as well since that's an area that's gunna get bent back a lot. I don't want to baby my bags. This was my first RM purchase so I'm really not impressed. And of course no return label was in the box so now I have to deal with their terrible customer service...great
Yep same here with my mab mini strap. Just hanging it on the hook and the strap colour is peeling off. I feel like the bag itself is sturdy though. I don't have high hopes for it lasting w few more wears hence I bought a chain strap :sad: sorry to hear about your bag flap peeling. Yeah customer service is terrible...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using PurseForum mobile app

Yep same here with my mab mini strap. Just hanging it on the hook and the strap colour is peeling off. I feel like the bag itself is sturdy though. I don't have high hopes for it lasting w few more wears hence I bought a chain strap :sad: sorry to hear about your bag flap peeling. Yeah customer service is terrible...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using PurseForum mobile app

Yeah if I return it I'm gunna go straight to Facebook, it seems you get radio silence otherwise...

Ooh that's a good idea though with the chain strap! Where did you get yours from?

I have the Avery and wore it 3 times in early November, no problem. After that I stored it with the dust bag (I didn't hang the bag by its strap) and when I picked it up today, the shoulder strap was cracking, loudly!

The bag is otherwise very pretty. If the cost per wear (~$25-30) is worth it to you, go for it.

Attachments

• IMG_2378.JPG
    IMG_2378.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 449
I have the Avery and wore it 3 times in early November, no problem. After that I stored it with the dust bag (I didn't hang the bag by its strap) and when I picked it up today, the shoulder strap was cracking, loudly!

The bag is otherwise very pretty. If the cost per wear (~$25-30) is worth it to you, go for it.
Yikes, that's not good! I have one but haven't worn it yet.

Sent from my XT1254 using PurseForum mobile app

I like the idea of using a chain strap. I just received my Mini MAB from the online sale. It read the reviews about the peeling straps, but, after the sale price with 30% discount and free 2 day shipping, it was $68.60.
31435290640_d0d89d225c_c.jpg

31691245851_daf529926c_c.jpg

31435284860_484bd57d5a_c.jpg

I'm going to order that strap ASAP.

I have something to report on the peeling strap front. I decided that I had nothing to lose, so I tried using the bottle of (here's the exact name as it is on Amazon) Fiebings Tandy Leathercraft Acrylic Resolene Sealer, that I have bought previously. I slathered a few coatings on the strap (it didn't change how it looked), and, so far, it seems to be working. My strap isn't peeling. I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: Coppercatsandcoffee
I have something to report on the peeling strap front. I decided that I had nothing to lose, so I tried using the bottle of (here's the exact name as it is on Amazon) Fiebings Tandy Leathercraft Acrylic Resolene Sealer, that I have bought previously. I slathered a few coatings on the strap (it didn't change how it looked), and, so far, it seems to be working. My strap isn't peeling. I'll keep you posted.
Interesting...would you mind posting a picture of how it looks? Does it just dry clear?