Ripleys Believe it or not

Feb 28, 2006
Has anyone been to a Ripleys believe it or not muesum or aquarium? I'm going to one I believe that just opened this month in Williamsburg, VA & I just want to hear thoughts & opinions on it. I don't know what to expect..is it scary? Like too scary & weird for a 3 year old? Thanks for any info.

I've been to one before and it was pretty cool. I can't remember if it would be too much for a little one, but don't think it was. I'd just give them a call to see what ages they recommend before you go.

Pursefanatic85 said:
Has anyone been to a Ripleys believe it or not muesum or aquarium? I'm going to one I believe that just opened this month in Williamsburg, VA & I just want to hear thoughts & opinions on it. I don't know what to expect..is it scary? Like too scary & weird for a 3 year old? Thanks for any info.

I've been to the one in New Orleans and San Francisco. They were okay. Not scary at all. We have one here in L.A. but have not gone.

I've been to the LA. I was 15 when I went there and can't remember it being scary. However there are some things that might scare a 3 year old, depends on how easy they get scared.

We went to one in Key West, and at least in the one I went to, there are some scary parts. (The pirates and the cannibals, for example.)

But there were some really cool things, too. The elaborate camel bone carving, for example, or the entire Bible copied out word for word in spiral bound notebooks.

Your best bet would be to call the museum and ask them to recommend what exhibits you might want to stay away from. (In terms of admission, children 4 and under get in free . . . at least in the Key West one).