Ribbons galore!

BTW, thank you to the fellow tPF'r who alerted me that these are probably fake.

Ahh, what the hey. It was a calculated risk. I paid about 65cents per yard, and it's pretty ribbon.

That said, out of curiosity, I emailed the seller, innocently asking her the history of the ribbons. We'll see what she says, eh?

That'll be interesting. I'll post her reply.

^ Snazzy lanyards! Love that! I've only seen brown ribbons--but, I haven't been buying for that long!!

Have fun making cool stuff with all that delish ribbon!!

I have some orange, I'm racking my brain to think what it came with, some Hermes perfume perhaps? It's only a small piece. The rest is brown with different writing for each year, embroidered. I also have some some pieces of brown with the writing in pale colours - green, pink etc - these were handed out to promote the Hermessence, each colour 'matched' a perfume, the SAs tied the ribbon that had been prayed with the appropriate Hermessence, onto our wrists.

I have some orange, I'm racking my brain to think what it came with, some Hermes perfume perhaps? It's only a small piece. The rest is brown with different writing for each year, embroidered. I also have some some pieces of brown with the writing in pale colours - green, pink etc - these were handed out to promote the Hermessence, each colour 'matched' a perfume, the SAs tied the ribbon that had been prayed with the appropriate Hermessence, onto our wrists.

These ribbons are still brown though. And each of these ribbons has the name of the perfume.

^ yeah i agree MrsS, those are brown. I am all for making craft items from H ribbon (hey i made myself a few bracelets!) but I really think these are fake, i have never heard of different colored H ribbon?! I hope for you sake its real! (p.s. how can someone get a whole roll of H ribbon? it not like its on sale? and the sa can give out extra but not rolls right?!)

I got a smallish roll of ribbon from an SA once because I mentionned I loved ribbon and she saw my access badge hanging by a lanyard made of H ribbon.

SKelly, honey, no need to ever be embarrassed, when having the courage to simply be yourself!!!
Hermes is a wonderful teacher.
A first twilly is just as wonderous!
Congrats on your picotin! i have the pm too and adore it to pieces!!!!
angie

These ribbons are still brown though. And each of these ribbons has the name of the perfume.
Yes, they are brown, I had a look later, and I meant to say in my previous post that it was only the writing that was coloured, the ribbon was the usual Hermes brown. I also found that bit of orange ribbon, it was for the eau de merveilles perfume.