Rhyd er die Reveal

Thanks for posting the picture. I have been dying to see this one. I have to say something about it, cannot put my finger on it, looks very different than the drilldown photo. Looking forward to seeing these IRL to see if the leather will bother me. I tend to like structure

Thanks for posting the picture. I have been dying to see this one. I have to say something about it, cannot put my finger on it, looks very different than the drilldown photo. Looking forward to seeing these IRL to see if the leather will bother me. I tend to like structure
It's a very different feel than your grommet borough. I was expecting leather more like the pebbled borough.

Yes that is what I thought exactly. The gunmetal rhyder 33 that I returned had the feel of a fake plastic $49 bag. :cool:

I do like the leather on my new Carlyle though....:cool:

This is interesting - I might not mind the leather BUT it's the price. For example, I bought a bunch of The Sak leather bags from Winners several years ago - I have given them all away except for my one fave: black leather Dakota shopper which I carried a lot and I won't give it up because I love her...but I can tell you, she was not $650 or $498.

This is interesting - I might not mind the leather BUT it's the price. For example, I bought a bunch of The Sak leather bags from Winners several years ago - I have given them all away except for my one fave: black leather Dakota shopper which I carried a lot and I won't give it up because I love her...but I can tell you, she was not $650 or $498.

I remember the Dakota shoppers! I don't like the SAK per se, but that year was amazing! I bought 2, a black one with gunmetal hardware and a pewter one also with gunmetal hardware. Think they had a higher price point, around $200 which was expensive for the SAk. Maybe their customer base did not care for that. Which makes me wonder about Coach's customers and the higher priced fall line. Typically a satchel like Rhyder would be $358 or $398.

I remember the Dakota shoppers! I don't like the SAK per se, but that year was amazing! I bought 2, a black one with gunmetal hardware and a pewter one also with gunmetal hardware. Think they had a higher price point, around $200 which was expensive for the SAk. Maybe their customer base did not care for that. Which makes me wonder about Coach's customers and the higher priced fall line. Typically a satchel like Rhyder would be $358 or $398.

Yes! Mine is black with gunmetal hardware too - I go nuts for black on black. I wouldn't have paid $200 for The Sak leather I don't think and at the time, these weren't even sold in regular dept stores. They just showed up at Winners (our version of TJ Maxx, same company). I bought several from The Sak Dakota collection including black, dove grey and gunmetal foil leather; maybe even white) But the only full size bag was the black Dakota shopper which I genuinely enjoyed carrying.

I think Coach is in for more tough times. I think you're right about Rhyder price point - they can dream though.

I'm so sad to hear the leather is only so-so on this style. This seems the consensus from many Coach collectors, and as the leather quality is one of the reasons I love Coach, this news is particularly disappointing.