Review of 2012 - Mulberry style

Candysroom said:
Just for CP!
Ok, cannot post more than 2 sentences on iPhone or IPad so try on laptop.
Bags: Bayswaters in Graphite and (sooon?) ink silky snake
East West Bayswaters in printed choc and putty
Alexas in plonge pumpkin and printed oak- both regular
Roxanne in AG verdigris (too heavy , might move on)
Oak joelle clutch - still not convinced ...ok for wedding receptions
Double pocket drawstring in foggy grey- hit of the year, neutral x body
Rosie Bays belt bags birds nest/foxglove & dark heather /black tiny x body 50% off
Rosie Satchel 50% off Christmas hit light compact day bag
i make that 12:graucho:

I want pics! Hehe.

Apart from Handbags
Heart Charms in oak, chocolate, black, mole sparkle leopard and chocolate Jessie with pink bunny
Purses- Polly push purse in pumpkin (always makes me smile, every time), mouse grey Daria french purse, khaki coin purse/pouch.

Scarves/ Wraps: pink camo flowers, black Tamara( Before price hike) and 3 trippy tiger square wraps in pink, blue and sea green .

So another 13 Mulberry items

From one bag and purse last Christmas (Khaki Bays and continental purse) I am hoping that I have got a good varied collection by now. My DH hopes so too:P
Happy New overdraft, sorry, Year to you all:smile::smile::smile:

Candysroom said:
Apart from Handbags
Heart Charms in oak, chocolate, black, mole sparkle leopard and chocolate Jessie with pink bunny
Purses- Polly push purse in pumpkin (always makes me smile, every time), mouse grey Daria french purse, khaki coin purse/pouch.

Scarves/ Wraps: pink camo flowers, black Tamara( Before price hike) and 3 trippy tiger square wraps in pink, blue and sea green .

So another 13 Mulberry items

From one bag and purse last Christmas (Khaki Bays and continental purse) I am hoping that I have got a good varied collection by now. My DH hopes so too:P
Happy New overdraft, sorry, Year to you all:smile::smile::smile:

Oh wow I really want to see pics!

Ooh. Awesome post Plemont!!!

This is my first Mulberry year - I have got 5 Mulberries since June:
Firstly black sbs - bought on impulse when I couldn't quite stretch to an Alexa. Not my favourite, but handy when I need a smaller bag.
9A92E74F-C1F6-49EA-A892-928AD43F3FB3-22971-00002B01057E8DBE_zpsb5cafe9a.jpg

My DH brought me back a nightshade heritage sbs from Singapore - so sweet since he was freaked out by the cost. I love it, but feel that it is more of a special occasion bag, so I haven't used it much.
83E57A10-3067-4DBF-AB86-23FDA5AA585A-22971-00002B00E2AED84D_zps6753edc5.jpg

My first Alexa - my HG style - Regular SS nightshade - probably my favourite, and not nearly as delicate as I expected.
2E9139D7-29E9-4DA7-8629-2761BCAD1AB8-22971-00002B00F6E0D46D_zps7d32bd80.jpg

Regular Oak Alexa - a classic. I never really liked the oak until I tried it on IRL. I'm not really a brown girl, but it's surprisingly versatile. I bought it as I really wanted a black, but didn't love the black with brass hardware.

Biggest bargain - Regular Alexa foggy grey - bought from lidiashopping for about AUD$700. Much deliberation, worried that the grey would be too purple and 80's, as I'd never seen it IRL. I love it!!

And lastly, my postbox keyring. Bought on a whim, feeling sentimental about my homeland. I haven't used it a lot, as I find it heavy. But it makes me smile.

Looking forward to a big 2013 - hopefully, I'm going to kick it off with 2 regular Alexas - slate blue and black with nickel hardware. I've decided that I'm definitely an Alexa girl - it is the style that brought me to Mulberry, and it suits my casual wardrobe, even though I'm nearly 40!!

Happy new year everyone!

Fantastic collection! A fellow Ozzie Mulberry addict :wave: Don't forget life begins at 40 :biggrin:

Happy New Year tpf'ers :party:

Oh dear I really dont want to think about how many bags that has been this year that i had bought...its scary!:sweatdrop:
And that is from a person that from a year ago never had more than max 2 designer bags at the same time, and found it weird that some people had so many bags!...and then I had 14 Mulbs awhile ago when family found out about my "addiction"( actually it was 16 but don't tell anyone in my family ;=)hehe, and then I don't count in the accessoirs I also bought this year, scarfes and pouches, purses and keyrings! No wonder the money just seems to disapperar from my bank account!:roflmfao::shame:

But I have now entered a new stage, sold off some bags that I didn't use enough or at all, and started a new year with the intention of only bags that I will use a lot shall enter my house, and I'm still downsizing! And no bags that is in need of extreme babying is allowed either no matter how beautiful they are!:smile:

Best buy this year? Really not sure yet, prob oak printed Lexy!

he best bargain - my fab Bays in purple Suede from Ebay (now sent in for getting cleaned up by the Furniture Clinic, I'm so excited to see the results!)

the one that surprised you - an unexpected hit : has to be Printed Lily, never been a Lily fan but do understand it all now. :smile:

the HG - something you've finally found after searching for ages- My Tooled Bays in oak finally found her in perfect cond, the Foxlock Alexa bag also she is so much loved. ( but she seems very, very prone to transfer issues, I think she has to go to the Furniture clinc spa aswell for cleaning, as my black wool coat stained the back of her even if I had several layers of Collonill on her and had her on my shoulder with the strap for about 10 min.)

the one you've loved and lost - bags that didn't live up to expectations and have moved on- far too many, most disappointed by the Mini Alexa in Conker, did not like the hw and color together at all irl so she moved on pretty fast. Followed by the Black plonged Leah shoulder bag in soft lambskin that I looked for so long and found her and decided A- I don't like hobos, or bags in my armpit, B-I don't like blackened silver HW irl. ( I know I'm weird! ) Third one: sbs in Powder beige with RG hw, found the pattern on that bag looked pretty odd so she moved also on fast. :wacko:

the one that never leaves your side - best bag for daily use[/I] - Have not fiund that bag yet! Still looking for that one! Had a fab black Lexy but that one was faulty and have not found the same thick leather since.

the moment of weakness - that 'why did I buy this?' bag _Oh by far to many to think of, expensive mistakes, but prob the Plum Leopard Mitzy as it was so much not me, the print was really not me at all. :smile:

the one hit wonder - a bag you bought for an occasion but haven't used since_ Bayswater Belt Bag in oak, never used at all...

the best bargain

Has to go to the infamous scotchgrain leopard clipper. Massive bag for <£250?!? Yes please! Already proved itself extremely useful and stylish!

photo6ws.jpg

the one you've loved and lost - bags that didn't live up to expectations and have moved on

I've never really loved this red onion SBS and that's why it has to go. It's such a shame because I lusted after it for AGES!!

p1000988q.jpg

the one that never leaves your side - best bag for daily use

Easy peasy. My black regular alexa. The first bag I ever got! One of her poppers is broken and she needs fixing up but I looooove her sooo much!

Not my pic:
m59979091691x1024.jpg

the moment of weakness - that 'why did I buy this?' bag

It's got to be my small Daria satchel in sparkle tweed. Sigh, sparkle tweed... Why did Mulberry create this goooorgeous yet ABSOLUTELY unwearable fabric. I've had some colour transfer on the back and it's killing me, so now it stays safely in it's dust bag until I can figure out how to get it clean! I think it might be a professional job. I don't really want to sell it, but I think it might need to go too...

p1000836mr.jpg

NB. The tillie in sparkle tweed went straight back, thank gawd!!!

the one hit wonder - a bag you bought for an occasion but haven't used since

My leopard Lily. God it's stunning, but I haven't used it as much as I thought I would. I might have to bring it out more often!!

mulberryfw2010lily3.jpg

Wow what a crazy walk down memory lane!!

I'll put mine up later - just off to Bicester now:graucho:

I couldn't stop laughing at that, Plemont!! :biggrin: No time to post - too busy shopping!! :biggrin: I've lost count of the hours I've spent perusing M.com, this Forum etc etc the past few months!! :graucho:

The one that never leaves my side? Choc Antony! My trusty workhorse!

Eternal love? Womble (in my avatar) - my choc suede Bayswater. So cuddly and comforting!

Unexpected hit? Choc Euston from naughtipidgins - so gorgeous and knocks these Johnny Come Latelies into a cocked hat!

Bought and returned? Vanilla Elgin - so surprised that I didn't love her. She just "wasn't me"!

Favourite style? Alexa! I adore my ss nightshade and pebbled beige babies! Just gorgeous!

Expensive mistake? Pheasant green heritage SBS - I adored her as soon as she arrived - and she got so many compliments the first time I wore her. BUT I had a nightmare shopping experience with her on Sunday, culminating in me losing a bag in Build a Bear, containing tasty Chanel goodies from Boots, because I was fiddling with her flaming fiddly straps! Luckily the shop assistant found my bag and put it behind the counter but I'm reduced to using Lady Sybil (as she is known) to non-shopping trips. Grrrr!

Last edited:
I couldn't stop laughing at that, Plemont!! :biggrin: No time to post - too busy shopping!! :biggrin:

I know! And now no time to post my reveal (haven't been home in daylight to take photos, that's my excuse)

I am loving all the contributions to this thread, it's fascinating reading and SO interesting to see different reactions to different bags. Loving the photos too!

the best bargain

Has to go to the infamous scotchgrain leopard clipper. Massive bag for <£250?!? Yes please! Already proved itself extremely useful and stylish!

photo6ws.jpg

the one you've loved and lost - bags that didn't live up to expectations and have moved on

I've never really loved this red onion SBS and that's why it has to go. It's such a shame because I lusted after it for AGES!!

p1000988q.jpg

the one that never leaves your side - best bag for daily use

Easy peasy. My black regular alexa. The first bag I ever got! One of her poppers is broken and she needs fixing up but I looooove her sooo much!

Not my pic:
m59979091691x1024.jpg

the moment of weakness - that 'why did I buy this?' bag

It's got to be my small Daria satchel in sparkle tweed. Sigh, sparkle tweed... Why did Mulberry create this goooorgeous yet ABSOLUTELY unwearable fabric. I've had some colour transfer on the back and it's killing me, so now it stays safely in it's dust bag until I can figure out how to get it clean! I think it might be a professional job. I don't really want to sell it, but I think it might need to go too...

p1000836mr.jpg

NB. The tillie in sparkle tweed went straight back, thank gawd!!!

the one hit wonder - a bag you bought for an occasion but haven't used since

My leopard Lily. God it's stunning, but I haven't used it as much as I thought I would. I might have to bring it out more often!!

mulberryfw2010lily3.jpg

Wow what a crazy walk down memory lane!!

Oh my word

The red onion sbs just made my heart skip a beat &#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829; truely the most beautiful colour in my favourite style

the best bargain

photo6ws.jpg

p1000988q.jpg

I don't post very often, I do have some reveals to do though!! :graucho: (Will have another one tomorrow hopefully, if it arrives, need to figure out how to post pictures!!) but I had to post as it made me laugh because your clipper matches your rug!! :roflmfao:

They're all gorgeous bags! :biggrin:

I really can't believe that you don't love your red onion SBS! :amazed: It's an amazing colour and such a versatile style, I can imagine that it would go with so much!