Revealing My Brightest Pop of Color

hrhsunshine said:
Hello All,

I have a well rounded collection of neutral colors and to my surprise, jumped on this POP color. She arrived today and I freaked out. I thought she was too much pop. I even put her on sale for about an hour tonight but decided to keep her! Thanks to the encouragement of my sweet hubby and my dear Bal partner in crime ("L"), I'm going to step out of my neutral box.

Here is my one and only chevre and my poppiest of pop colors....

Miss 07 Magenta City

Note: I'm so nervous about having a Bal this light in color. Anyone have a great protectant to help prevent patina and warming? There was light patina when I got her today and I cleaned the handles and applied FHO. Now, I want to keep her handles looking fantastic. TIA!

Yaaaaayyy you!!! It's so pretty I knew you'd keep it :smile:

Thank you so much Bal pals! I am so happy about keeping her.

imlvholic: YES, she will be a wonderful pick-me-up during the long gloomy months of winter here. I wear so much grey, black, and blue...she will go with all those so easily.

Sophieselt, NancyinVA and Cupcake: This is a stunning color. Can be chameleon-like. In my bedroom's lighting, she almost looked like rose, sometimes more pinky, and others more purple-ish. The leather is so evenly distressed and you can tell, it will age and break-in beautifully. I cannot wait for her to get that nice slouch! The previous owner must have hardly used her. The handles and shoulder strap are still very stiff.

Panda: We're twins! YEA! You will have to do a family shot once you are done collecting your Bals.

RedSkater: Wow, you have a similar POP color! I do love your collection. Same versatile neutral vibe I was going for with my collection. Want to maximize the use of each Bal. YES, I am definitely going to use this Bal. I've got her ready to go with FHO. The handles are soooo friggin' solid! I love them. Feel very much like 09 handles.

Leamb: I'm so delighted that I kept her! You knew I wouldn't be able to let her go!

Aluxe: thank you so much!

The color is incredible!
Congratulations!

OMG - Beautiful - it looks brand new! Great leather. Congrats

WOWeeeeeeee!!!
Congrats, it is gorgeous!!!

That is definitely a keeper, sometimes you have to step out of your neutral cocoon & have some Pop fun. Absolute mood changer when you have such a gorgeous color to accent your boring wardrobe. Love the color!!!! Congrats!

congrats! its very pretty!

hrh, ahhh congrats!! She is absolutely beautiful and I'm so happy we're bag twinnies!

Phewph, close call with listing her for sale! I'm glad you decided to give *pops* a chance, :biggrin:! They really brighten up any outfit, ^_^.

well I think everyone needs one bal in a POP color! Mine is amethyst and I'd never let it go. You will find that it goes with quite a lot. Plus in the middle of winter when everything is grey and blah your beautiful magenta will be a great pick-me-up. As for keeping it pristine, I just put on the LMB silk serum and I've kept it looking great. Your bag is a beauty, use it!

Yaaaaayyy you!!! It's so pretty I knew you'd keep it :smile:

Gorgeous bag!

Gurrrl, it's about TIME you brought some hotness into that collection of yours. One cannot live on neutrals alone (funny coming from the one with mostly black Bals, eh?). Seriously, your collection looks complete now.

Congrats, friend!

I echo redskater.
I love a pop of color and mine, too, is Amethyst.
Every single time I take it out of the sleeper - I get a big smile!
This Magenta is absolutely gorgeous and I know that you are just going to love her.
Try her with a turquoise blue blouse/top some time - the combo is amazing!
Congrats on this gorgeous bag - the leather and color are perfect!!!
Enjoy! :smile:

LVPRADAfanatic: Thank you very much!

Gorgeous bag!

Gurrrl, it's about TIME you brought some hotness into that collection of yours. One cannot live on neutrals alone (funny coming from the one with mostly black Bals, eh?). Seriously, your collection looks complete now.

Congrats, friend!

RIRY: LOL! 2012 will be the year! Gonna liven up the collection, perk up the wardrobe, get my butt out more...BUT still gonna wear those hoodies when I'm workin' at home baby!:P

Beautiful color, and the leather looks fab!! Congrats!!

MJ: Thank you. The leather is awesome...I can't stop touching it.

What a lovely color! Congrats on such a great color bag! :biggrin:

Mellowdee: Thank you! I'm definitely bonding with the great color. Amazing how fun it is to just look at a bright Bal.

I echo redskater.
I love a pop of color and mine, too, is Amethyst.
Every single time I take it out of the sleeper - I get a big smile!
This Magenta is absolutely gorgeous and I know that you are just going to love her.
Try her with a turquoise blue blouse/top some time - the combo is amazing!
Congrats on this gorgeous bag - the leather and color are perfect!!!
Enjoy! :smile:

Shamrock: Hi Sweetie! Long time since we last communicated. I know you are always so happy to use her Amethyst. I think Magenta will do the same for me. I took her out for a quick trip to Walgreens yesterday. It was our first outing. I felt so bright! :lol: But it was fun!

OMG, the sun finally came out. I prefer seeing Bals in natural lighting, so I took a few shots of Miss Magenta by the window...

6575768999_ca5be8d0c2_z.jpg

6575767757_c14e5f237a_z.jpg

6575766595_eebfe32e23_z.jpg

hrhsunshine said:
OMG, the sun finally came out. I prefer seeing Bals in natural lighting, so I took a few shots of Miss Magenta by the window...

This is why I love magenta!! In sunlight it's so pretty!!!! I'm terribly jealous!!!!! ;)

Thank you ladies!

Gorgeous and yummy bag, the colour is soooo beautiful. Congrats! Could you please let me know how did you clean patina from the handles?

Julija: There was actually no darkening b/c the patina was sooo light. I felt a slight tackiness on the handles and lightly wiped them with Fiebings Spot Remover, then applied FHO. The Spot Remover is supposed to clean oil/grease etc from leather. Huge caution is that using too much and too frequently will strip that top layer of leather. I wouldn't start a thread on this product b/c it really can damage your bag if not used properly.

*S* .. so glad that you decided to keep "Ms. Magenta"; it will definitely cheer up those dreary winter days (you know I can relate). Wait till it breaks-in; yummy goodness!!!!!