Reveal: Vertical Zip Wallet in Black Patent Leather

Elyssabeth

Mercury
O.G.
Jan 30, 2006
I've been on a search for a new wallet. I wanted something sleek and sophisticated. I did prefer wallets that were "flashy" but now I'm leaning more toward subtle which is how I like my bags.

I had intended on getting the Louis Vuitton epi electric zip around wallet. However, every LV I went to was sold out. (The SA showed me the epi electric organizer but I wanted a wallet. I actually liked the organizer and think I'll get it eventually for travel and as a clutch.) I ended up venturing to the YSL boutique.

At first I looked at the YSL wallet and thought "it's vertical and not designed like my other zip arounds were." But as I looked at it I noticed it was more spacious. My horizontal zip wallets have had the tendency to get cramped. I realized that this vertical option was better for me.

Features:

• one zip compartment
  • two open compartments
  • one open compartment under the credit card slots
  • 9 credit card slots

I loved it right away. I put my items in it and it is not over stuffed at all. The patent leather is beautiful and I can tell will be very durable. The zipper zips around easily. It's not one of those zippers that you have to tug on.

The price was what I call reasonable for a designer wallet. At $495 it was less expensive than the LV I originally wanted and other zip arounds I have owned (Prada, Fendi, Burberry). It also comes in the horizontal version which retails for $475. I saw the Y-Mail version but that did not appeal to me at all.

Attachments

• ysl2 002.jpg
    ysl2 002.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 549
  • ysl2 005.jpg
    ysl2 005.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 414
  • ysl3 004.jpg
    ysl3 004.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 368
  • ysl3 010.jpg
    ysl3 010.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 458
  • ysl3 017.jpg
    ysl3 017.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 414
Here are a few more photos.

Attachments

• ysl5 007.jpg
    ysl5 007.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 381
  • ysl5 005.jpg
    ysl5 005.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 398
  • ysl4 004.jpg
    ysl4 004.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 370
  • ysl4 003.jpg
    ysl4 003.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 369
  • ysl 012.jpg
    ysl 012.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 368
this is such an elegant wallet, congrats !!! I understand about Y-mail - I sold my larger items with signature, they were too much out there, I just left coin purse and am happy to have that little piece of history

Beautiful!!! One of my closest friends has this wallet and she's had it for years, it still looks perfect.

Enjoy your wallet for a very long time. Congrats!!!

Surprisingly this was my first YSL purchase. I'm very pleased. I have to say that the shopping bag (see pics -- red, glossy bag with black ribbon handles) and dust cover are the prettiest I've ever received from any high end brand.

I love this wallet and am interested in the same one. I don't really understand what is vertical about it, but it's slightly bigger than the "horizontals" and opens up to 2 compartments, correct? That's the one I want. If you don't mind my asking, where did you find it and did they have other colors? I saw it at the LV boutique a few days ago - it seems to only come in a limited number of colors. I'd love it in metallic gold, but I don't think it's made in that color. I checked the YSL website, but they only show patent black and I know for sure I saw it in red and maybe blue as well, so I can't really trust the website info.

Any chance this is a sale item? Thanks for sharing!

Surprisingly this was my first YSL purchase. I'm very pleased. I have to say that the shopping bag (see pics -- red, glossy bag with black ribbon handles) and dust cover are the prettiest I've ever received from any high end brand.

I agree!. I just have to share.... Yesterday, my husband dropped off my Roady at the LV boutique to have it repaired, and they gave him a shopping bag to carry the purse contents back to our hotel room next door. He said that he was going to tell his single friends that carrying that bag was the key to picking up women - no less than half a dozen women smiled at him, when they saw the shopping bag he was carrying. :biggrin: We had a good laugh about it. Little did they know there was nothing but non-YSL items in the bag - just my "stuff".

Hi BuzzA, I've been on vacation so I'm just now able to respond to you. Vertical means when you open the wallet, the credit card slots are lined from top to bottom. On the outside the wallet looks the same as the horizontal. The vertical is slightly bigger than the horizontal and does open up to 2 inside compartments as well as a zip compartment.

I purchased mine at a YSL boutique. It was not on sale. I have only seen the vertical in black. There are other colors but those are all horizontal. The YSL website has patent in blue, red, and white. These are all horizontal. It's possible they have it in gold because I've seen a gold YSL cosmetic case in the YSL boutique, however I have not seen this on the YSL website.

I love this wallet and am interested in the same one. I don't really understand what is vertical about it, but it's slightly bigger than the "horizontals" and opens up to 2 compartments, correct? That's the one I want. If you don't mind my asking, where did you find it and did they have other colors? I saw it at the LV boutique a few days ago - it seems to only come in a limited number of colors. I'd love it in metallic gold, but I don't think it's made in that color. I checked the YSL website, but they only show patent black and I know for sure I saw it in red and maybe blue as well, so I can't really trust the website info.

Any chance this is a sale item? Thanks for sharing!