Reveal of a New Release

NurseAnn

O.G.
Apr 10, 2009
I have been looking for a long time for the perfect hobo bag. It needed to be not too big, but still have some slouch and pliable without being totally floppy. Most importantly the handle needed to be comfortable. I think I may have found my Goldilocks bag. Not necessarily a TPF favorite, but I think this will be a favorite for me.

Reactions: SerendipitousKitty
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461014582.362841.jpg

My biggest hesitation in buying this bag was the vachetta corners/bottom, but I love it enough to just deal with it. I looked up pictures of preowned Almas and original model Retiros and loved the look of the vachetta against the monogram. To me, the look is very classic LV. The corners also lend a little bit of structure to an otherwise squishy bag. I only wish they had included feet.

Reactions: Kysmet
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461014914.129940.jpg

Not the Berri, but a picture of my Turenne PM which I got when it was first released in 2014. This bag taught me not to fear vachetta and to love the character an LV bag gets as it ages. I did the "patina champ" method and have no regrets. I will do the same with this bag and try to not fuss over any spots.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461015074.310373.jpg

Last edited:
And here are some bag charms I also purchased this month. The first one is from LV and the tassel was a custom order from etsy (also made of vachetta...but slightly lighter than LV's).

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461015180.564640.jpg

On my Turenne
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461015196.439047.jpg

Reactions: MarLoLV
View attachment 3332519

My biggest hesitation in buying this bag was the vachetta corners/bottom, but I love it enough to just deal with it. I looked up pictures of preowned Almas and original model Retiros and loved the look of the vachetta against the monogram. To me, the look is very classic LV. The corners also lend a little bit of structure to an otherwise squishy bag. I only wish they had included feet.

I am actually going to get this bag. But I am debating on mm or pm. This bag does have a classic look to it. I have the old model retiro pm and it reminds of that but yet in a hobo style. I really like it!!

It's a beautiful piece and I love the vachette corners. It gives it a retro look. Very sophisticated, yet simple.

Thank you Fabuleux. I always love to hear your opinions. I totally agree.

Congrats, she will look even more beautiful with a patina! Is the price more than the Sully pm?

Thank you. I hope it patinas quickly. It is sitting in the windowsill as I type this. I wasn't a fan of the Sully, despite them being similar bags due to the handle not being easily moved away from the opening so I'm not sure if they're the same price. I can't imagine it would be much more.

Lovely! Congrats!

Thank you!

I am actually going to get this bag. But I am debating on mm or pm. This bag does have a classic look to it. I have the old model retiro pm and it reminds of that but yet in a hobo style. I really like it!!

Oh you're so lucky to have that bag. It's so beautifully made. I was not as into LV when it was out and I missed out on it. The PM is a good size but fairly narrow. It works well for me because I don't carry much and am fairly short. I think most would like the MM size depending on how much slouch you want.