Reveal: My Baby Aidan in Black~

Honeylicious

Bags & Sushi
O.G.
Aug 5, 2009
Can I say I have finally found the perfect bag?? :graucho:
I had been looking for a less expensive black bag with gold hardware as an alternative to my Part Time bag for work (my poor PT took a lot of hardship when I took it with me to my trip in July, it got rained on.. was under the sun a lot.. it has been resting in its dust bag since).
I bought a lil Ukita earlier this year but sold it soon later as it was just too small. Then I got a large Minka, with soft beautiful leather but it only has a not so strong magnetic flap to the main compartment and that drives me crazy. The flap will not close or even stay in place properly, I feel like my stuff can just spill out anytime. Then I saw Erika Brechtel's blog, she had this beautiful MJ bag~ Did a quick search and found that this bag is called Baby Aidan and it's been discontinued - I'm so late in the game.
I wasn't sure about the size (I have bought many bags that are too small for my use), I couldn't find many mod pic online, there was not even one reveal / review vid on youtube, I even went to the boutique to look at it (I wasn't impress then) but I couldn't get it out of my head and I like the fact that it has short handles and a long cross-body strap that means I can use it for traveling; so I bought one from eBay.
And oh boy, isn't it perfect?! I have been using it for a week straight. It's a little heavy but love the size. It can really hold a lot and looks good when stuff or when has very little in it. I can't wear it on my shoulder but I hope I could when the bag got broken in more.
So here it is ... (excuse the background, I was staying at relative's house)

Attachments

• baby aidan 1.jpg
    baby aidan 1.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 536
  • baby aidan 2.jpg
    baby aidan 2.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 515
Congrats!
I can totally relate to your story...I just received my Baby Aidan in Black today as well and absolutely love it. We have finally found that perfect black bag. Yay!

What can fit inside a baby Aidan?
Main compartment ..
- long wallet
- white makeup bag
- hand lotion
- sunblock
- inhaler in the blue pouch
In the zipper pocket
- USB cable
- a watch
- a big pack of kleenex
Side pockets
- a pen
- a power bank
- earphones
then my big sunglasses case, a bottled water too and there's still plenty of room left

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1410519077701.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1410519077701.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 481
I had been looking for a less expensive black bag with gold hardware as an alternative to my Part Time bag for work (my poor PT took a lot of hardship when I took it with me to my trip in July, it got rained on.. was under the sun a lot.. it has been resting in its dust bag since).
I bought a lil Ukita earlier this year but sold it soon later as it was just too small. Then I got a large Minka, with soft beautiful leather but it only has a not so strong magnetic flap to the main compartment and that drives me crazy. The flap will not close or even stay in place properly, I feel like my stuff can just spill out anytime. Then I saw Erika Brechtel's blog, she had this beautiful MJ bag~ Did a quick search and found that this bag is called Baby Aidan and it's been discontinued - I'm so late in the game.
I wasn't sure about the size (I have bought many bags that are too small for my use), I couldn't find many mod pic online, there was not even one reveal / review vid on youtube, I even went to the boutique to look at it (I wasn't impress then) but I couldn't get it out of my head and I like the fact that it has short handles and a long cross-body strap that means I can use it for traveling; so I bought one from eBay.
And oh boy, isn't it perfect?! I have been using it for a week straight. It's a little heavy but love the size. It can really hold a lot and looks good when stuff or when has very little in it. I can't wear it on my shoulder but I hope I could when the bag got broken in more.

Beautiful, enjoy it, love the leather on my MBMJ bags!!! I also hate I missed the Baby Aidan in bordeaux!!! Congrats on a great find!!!

Congratulations - the leather looks so lovely!!:heart: I've been wanting to get baby aidan too but couldn't decide on the colour. I like black but I saw a Cardamom brown one on ebay which also looks beautiful!

I didn't know this was discontinued already?? I emailed MJ customer service to find out when they would have new colours of this bag out and their response was very vague:

"Thank you for contacting Marc by Marc Jacobs!

We sincerely apologize that once the availability of a particular item has sold out, it may not be replenished in that same size or color. Most Marc Jacobs styles sold on our website are unique to the season and year in which they are offered. In the meantime, we offer new items every month and entirely new collections each season.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and thank you again for contacting Marc by Marc Jacobs.

Sincerely,

The Customer Service Team"

So was that just a long answer for yes it is being discontinued? :confused1: