Reveal: Mini-Gabby (Black 109/Patent Black/Pearlized Charcoal)

Ryvyan

& it was all yellow
O.G.
Dec 15, 2009
I finally went to pick up from the local representative the Mini-Gabby I ordered and it's GORGEOUS! It is smaller than I thought it would be, but I'm so incredibly in love with it! :love:

Some specifications:
- main bag: Black 109
- braids: Black 109 & Black Crinkled Patent
- secondary leather & 'naughty bottom': Pearlised Charcoal
- interior: Ferrari red suede
: Silver hardware
: Reinforced bottom

I originally asked for my name to be heat-printed but I could not find it. However, the trade-off was the shortening of shoulder strap to a 34cm drop, which was done even though I changed my mind during final confirmation (saving money)! I'm glad that it was done on Ignes' end because the length would have been awkward otherwise.

I keep smelling and feeling up the leather, in particular the suede interior. I'M GLAD I DID NOT PASS UP ON IT!! It's so luxurious and soft and gorgeous and comfortable I think I can turn my bag inside out and sleep on it. :drool:

I'm also glad I decided to reinforce ('slightly' was key word) the bottom because the design was what attracted me to it in the first place and to have it slouch too much would be a pity (that would have to be in an Emilia!).

On the bottom, I was a little afraid that Pearlized Charcoal might be too huge of a contrast in real life (too grey) but it turned out to be very matchy-match with Black 109. Very subtle, so the 'naughty bottom' is more like my dirty little secret :graucho:

On to the pictures!

Indoor with flash:
attachment.php

Hanging by the shortened strap:
attachment.php

Ferrari Red Suede interior - indoor without flash
attachment.php

Ferrari Red Suede interior - indoor with flash
attachment.php

Black 109 with Crinkled Black Patent braids
attachment.php

Attachments

• minigabby_01.JPG
    minigabby_01.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 387
  • minigabby_05.JPG
    minigabby_05.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 375
  • minigabby_06.JPG
    minigabby_06.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 212
  • minigabby_04.JPG
    minigabby_04.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 383
  • minigabby_07.JPG
    minigabby_07.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 406
More on the naughty bottom...

Side of bag
attachment.php

You can see that there is a slight contrast between the main leather and the one for the bottom.

attachment.php

Closer view. Pearlized Charcoal is the shimmery one while Black 109 is the bulk. Very subtle.

Parts of the naughty bottom
attachment.php

White marks '1' indicate Black 109 while red marks '2' indicate Pearlized Charcoal

attachment.php

Closer look.

Possibly overkill of pictures :supacool:

Attachments

• minigabby_11.JPG
    minigabby_11.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 214
  • minigabby_10.JPG
    minigabby_10.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 208
  • minigabby_09.JPG
    minigabby_09.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 383
  • minigabby_08.JPG
    minigabby_08.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 209
Maria also sent along two pouches for free but I'd need help identifying the colours.

I had originally sent an add-on of Patent Yellow and Pebbled Orange pouches to my existing order but she gifted them to me instead. Anyway my local representative accidentally mixed the order up (she emailed Maria when she found out she had given the free pouches out wrongly and they were going to send me an additional/correct one even though they were free in the first place! It's all sorts of awesome!!) so yes, I'd like to know what these are:

attachment.php

I'm about 98% sure the yellow is not patent.

What a long tale. In summary, I love Ignes!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 215
Love it! I am actually going to order the mini-gabby but in white, hopefully this week once I get all of the details figured out. The size is the only thing that concerns me, if it would be too small. Congrats on your addition to your collection!

Really nice! I like the pearlized charcoal with the black! Great job creating your bag!! I'm not sure what the pouches are. I only know of two yellows; yellow cream and yellow lamb so maybe those are what they are? They're both soft leathers, yellow cream being thicker than yellow lamb and I think yellow lamb is brighter.

metoo, I find it small compared to my other bags but it can definitely hold a bottle, wristlet, 2 books and a couple of other nicknacks without looking smooshed up. I managed to fit a A4 file into the bag when it's empty, so that's fine for me!

No Cute, thanks! :biggrin:

TL, the yellow is really soft compared to the greenish one and it's a pretty good yellow so it might just be yellow lamb! :O (in shock because never knew it exists) I was going to do a Turquoise/yellow fabric interior wristlet but I can probably do the reverse now because the yellow is actually decent-ish.

Not sure how the colour turns out on everyone's screen re: pouch at the bottom, but it's actually greenish compared to the yellow and a little tinted.

attachment.php

The local representative also showed me some of the new swatches earlier, and one of them is a gorgeous soft leather (I *vaguely* remember it to be reddish; there is a 'rose' in its name) and which I've yet to see on here nor on the Ignes site.

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 291
Ah! Yes, I see it's green now!! Pretty! Maybe SK can help identify it. She did a pic not too long ago with a bunch of different greens. I am a pouch fiend! I love their little pouches! I have pebbled fuchsia, pearlized bordeaux, waiting on gunmetal (Ordered quite some time ago but it keeps avoiding getting in my packages!) and ordered acqua and pearlized brown. I'd love to do more, I just love them! LOL!

Love the creation! The crinkle patent and pearlized charcoal work great with the black.

Meetoo: I prefer midi versions of my purses, and the mini-gabby is really a midi. It's the same width (maybe a little longer), nace depth, and not as north-south as other midi-size bags.

TL, I love the idea of pouches too because it seems like an inexpensive way to have beautiful things! I don't really need them though my iPhone fits perfect!

kings, I've posted one below :smile: In the picture, it actually looks kind of decent-sized instead of being puny as I first thought it was. Probably the depth perception.

cathyfitz, thanks! :biggrin: I'm beginning to be quite fond of this sort of 'midi' sized bags even though I miss my large ones, but those were difficult to navigate on public transport :O

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5011a.JPG
    IMG_5011a.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 209
Ryvyan - It is gorgeous! I'm so glad you love it. I've never seen the Pearlized Charcoal IRL, it is such a chameleon in pics, I would have thought it'd be a bigger contrast, but it blends beautifully! I'm glad you went w the interior suede, the bad thing is now you can never go back!

As far as the pouches go, I'm completely stumped! The two yellows I have (TL's seen them as well) aren't the same as these. The greens I have, none are that yellow :shrugs: So it looks like you have two leather none of us have seen before!

Last edited:
SK, I thought Pearlized Charcoal would be more grey and I'd get a really prominent bottom for the bag but it blended so ridiculously well I had to take a few shots to capture the different leathers! I'm pretty sure it would be happy on a darker grey bag as well.

And yes the interior suede! I feel like ordering wristlets and cosmetic pouches just so I can request for suede interiors. SPOILED FOR LIFE!

I just sent an email to Aarathi (local representative) to see if she can solve the mystery of the colours. Or maybe it's the quality of the photos I took. :P

SK, I thought Pearlized Charcoal would be more grey and I'd get a really prominent bottom for the bag but it blended so ridiculously well I had to take a few shots to capture the different leathers! I'm pretty sure it would be happy on a darker grey bag as well.

And yes the interior suede! I feel like ordering wristlets and cosmetic pouches just so I can request for suede interiors. SPOILED FOR LIFE!

I just sent an email to Aarathi (local representative) to see if she can solve the mystery of the colours. Or maybe it's the quality of the photos I took. :P