*Reveal!* It's my Hermes-iversary!!!

Aficionada

O.G.
Sep 12, 2012
I've been trying to figure out whether or not to do a reveal (I'm a very private person - sometimes to the point of being a recluse:shrugs:), but after enjoying all of your reveals as much as I have, and after the urging of my DH... I figured, why not?

A little backstory... I've loved Hermes since I was a teenager. I used to pore over Vogue, Elle, and Mademoiselle - the ads alone would keep me occupied for long periods - while my friends were obsessing over boys. It didn't matter to me that no one in my family, neighborhood, or town had ever even heard of Hermes. It also didn't matter that, given my and my family's financial circumstances, I would probably never be able to afford anything that came in those perfect orange boxes. It doesn't cost anything to dream, and so I loved Hermes... and Chanel... and Harry Winston. (I was also inexplicably and quite insanely in love with jewelry from Harry Winston. So much so, that I chose my engagement ring at the age of fifteen, even though I never had the intention of getting married.:girlwhack:smile: Anyway, back to topic.

Flash forward to a few years ago. DH and I (still can't believe it myself sometimes:love:) were out shopping and though we frequented Chanel, Dior, et al., I still couldn't muster the guts to go into Hermes. I'd walked by many stores in many different cities, stared endlessly at the gorgeous window displays, but had never crossed the threshold. Finally, while on vacation in DH's favorite city, he dragged me inside my very first Hermes. I knew about the impossibility of getting a bag on the first try, so I asked if I could put my name on the list. The SA said no. Their list was closed and he suggested I try another store. :oh::confused1: After a very long while, I mustered up the courage to try again, in a different store. This time I met a wonderful SA who not only took my information, he showed me every swatch they had and taught me everything he knew about leather, colors, styles, etc. DH and I ended up talking to him for a couple of hours and we left hoping he would call soon. A year to the day later, he called to say he had my bag. That bag was my very first H purchase. That was one year ago. There have been many other orange boxes since then. Thanks for letting me share with you. :smile:

I've been trying to figure out whether or not to do a reveal (I'm a very private person - sometimes to the point of being a recluse:shrugs:), but after enjoying all of your reveals as much as I have, and after the urging of my DH... I figured, why not?

A little backstory... I've loved Hermes since I was a teenager. I used to pore over Vogue, Elle, and Mademoiselle - the ads alone would keep me occupied for long periods - while my friends were obsessing over boys. It didn't matter to me that no one in my family, neighborhood, or town had ever even heard of Hermes. It also didn't matter that, given my and my family's financial circumstances, I would probably never be able to afford anything that came in those perfect orange boxes. It doesn't cost anything to dream, and so I loved Hermes... and Chanel... and Harry Winston. (I was also inexplicably and quite insanely in love with jewelry from Harry Winston. So much so, that I chose my engagement ring at the age of fifteen, even though I never had the intention of getting married.:girlwhack:smile: Anyway, back to topic.

Flash forward to a few years ago. DH and I (still can't believe it myself sometimes:love:) were out shopping and though we frequented Chanel, Dior, et al., I still couldn't muster the guts to go into Hermes. I'd walked by many stores in many different cities, stared endlessly at the gorgeous window displays, but had never crossed the threshold. Finally, while on vacation in DH's favorite city, he dragged me inside my very first Hermes. I knew about the impossibility of getting a bag on the first try, so I asked if I could put my name on the list. The SA said no. Their list was closed and he suggested I try another store. :oh::confused1: After a very long while, I mustered up the courage to try again, in a different store. This time I met a wonderful SA who not only took my information, he showed me every swatch they had and taught me everything he knew about leather, colors, styles, etc. DH and I ended up talking to him for a couple of hours and we left hoping he would call soon. A year to the day later, he called to say he had my bag. That bag was my very first H purchase. That was one year ago. There have been many other orange boxes since then. Thanks for letting me share with you. :smile:

I love your story and I cannot wait to see all of your goodies. I love your closet.

Awww so sweet, cannot wait, but please, please pretty please make the reveals quick and swift!! Please don't drag it out, I hate the suspense!