REVEAL Fall 2012 American Icon Tote in Chocolate ....great bag but I don't like color

smileglu

O.G.
May 2, 2007
The American Icon Tote, style # 19997. Retail $798.

Bought her sight unseen during last week's PCE after a fellow TPFer's exciting revel of this bag in the Cherry color. Given the color choices: Emerald, Cherry, Grey (don't remember official name) and chocolate. The brown bag appealed to me most because it will "go with everything". Sadly, she is going back....the color is too dark for my liking.

It's a big bag but it's a great tote and will be a good workhorse of a bag. Perhaps when the other colors come out and I see them IRL, another color will appeal to me. I wanted to take these pics before I take it back though for those who wanted to see the chocolate color.

One design flaw for me - I wish Coach added a loop (kinda like a belt loop) inside the bag so that the buckle and strap can be tucked in when the bag is not buckled (cinched). As you can see, they are just hanging out - perhaps when the leather soften, you'll be able to tuck it in but when new, it just sticks out - not a great look.

I'll also add more pics in the next post comparing it to Black and British Tan to get a better read on the color and next to an Abigail to better gauge bag size.

Attachments

• P1000582.JPG
    P1000582.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 1,837
  • P1000586.JPG
    P1000586.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 1,668
  • P1000581.JPG
    P1000581.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 1,530
  • P1000585.JPG
    P1000585.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 1,548
  • P1000587.JPG
    P1000587.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,589
  • P1000588.JPG
    P1000588.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 1,562
Last edited:
Interior shot and next to Black Willis bag and British Tan Stewardess bag. As you can see next to Black Willis, it's a very dark brown color.

Attachments

• P1000589.JPG
    P1000589.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 1,510
  • P1000590.JPG
    P1000590.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 1,519
  • P1000584.JPG
    P1000584.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 1,533
Last edited:
Compared to Abigail in Bordeaux for size reference. Looks similar in size as Abigail from the front when buckled/cinched then dwarfs Abigail when expanded. It's also wider than Abigail.

Hope these photos help those who's thinking about The American Icon Tote :smile:

Attachments

• P1000592.JPG
    P1000592.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 1,663
  • P1000593.JPG
    P1000593.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 1,504
  • P1000597.JPG
    P1000597.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 1,486
  • P1000594.JPG
    P1000594.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 1,478
I like the bag, but agree on the buckles sticking out. The color is a bit too dark for brown but I bet that this bag would be absolutely gorgeous in emerald. I agree that it would be a work horse of a bag. That leather looks to die for! :smile:

I like the bag, but agree on the buckles sticking out. The color is a bit too dark for brown but I bet that this bag would be absolutely gorgeous in emerald. I agree that it would be a work horse of a bag. That leather looks to die for! :smile:

Yes, the leather is thick (but not too thick) and smells great. I love all the tags and I'm sad to return but I just don't like this color.

I bet the emerald would be gorgeous but I don't like that buckle. They shouldn't hang out like that but buckled it looks like it would get in the way of access. I also love the outside pockets. Thanks for showing.

I have the cherry color and I LOVE this bag!! The only design flaw I notice is also the buckles sticking out when expanded. The long one tucks back in the bag easily but that short one on the left just sticks straight up and there's nothing you can do with it so it looks kind of weird. I haven't carried mine expanded yet either so it doesn't directly bother me. Sad you don't like it (color). I'm wondering what the emerald is going to look like. The gray color is called elephant.

I have the cherry color and I LOVE this bag!! The only design flaw I notice is also the buckles sticking out when expanded. The long one tucks back in the bag easily but that short one on the left just sticks straight up and there's nothing you can do with it so it looks kind of weird. I haven't carried mine expanded yet either so it doesn't directly bother me. Sad you don't like it (color). I'm wondering what the emerald is going to look like. The gray color is called elephant.

Yes!! It was your reveal that made me fall in love with this bag :smile:) I still like the bag but not in chocolate. Do you know when it'll hit the stores? I'm excited to see the other colors IRL!

Too weird. I don’t think I would like that at all! Needing to unbuckle AND have a hook to get inside the bag? What if my phone was ringing loudly and I was in a quiet setting? I could never dump my bag out fast enough to turn it off!

Too weird. I don’t think I would like that at all! Needing to unbuckle AND have a hook to get inside the bag? What if my phone was ringing loudly and I was in a quiet setting? I could never dump my bag out fast enough to turn it off!

You can put your phone or anything for quick access at the front pocket with the turnlock or the back zippered pocket. I like those features on this bag for quick access :smile:)

Yes!! It was your reveal that made me fall in love with this bag :smile:) I still like the bag but not in chocolate. Do you know when it'll hit the stores? I'm excited to see the other colors IRL!
This will hit stores on July 20th (That is the legacy floorset.) It is also going to come in a tote silhouette. I can't remember the style # but I swear there is a DD pic around the fall 2012 thread somewhere!!