Reunited at (not so long) last

mrsmeck

Feb 27, 2008
This is sort of a long story...

Back in the fall of 2015, my DH was up in NYC for a Giants game. While there he knew the people he was with would want to go shopping. So while we were out to dinner with friends prior to his trip, he asked me if there was anything I wanted. I told him IF he happened to pass a Louis Vuitton store and IF he happened to go in, could he see IF they had a black Epi Neverfull. I said this pretty much as a joke, since it was not his style to do this sort of thing.
He went up for the game and upon his return surprised me with the bag!! Funnily enough, they had not had the bag there, but sourced it for him in Charlotte, so he picked the bag up there on the way home from the airport (we live in Columbia, SC). Very quickly, this bag became a mich loved favorite.
However, a little more than a year in, I noticed the leather handles starting to crack. I took it back to the store and they sent it in for warranty repair. It came back fixed, but didn’t
look quite right since the handles were much newer than the rest of the bag. I went back to faithfully using the bag, but noticed wear along the top edge. I didn’t go back to the store though, since the bag would be out of warranty.
Fast forward to summer of 2019. Out of the blue I got a call from LV corporate that they were recalling the bag due to leather cracking. I explained I had had the bag repaired, but they told me they would like me to still return it and get a new one or equal credit. Shortly before Christmas, we took the bag to the Charlotte store. Much to my dismay, not only did they not have the bag to exchange, it could not be ordered as they were in very short supply! I was distraught and almost did not leave the bag. My DH convinced me to return it and get a Damier Azur NV and a bracelet, saying we would keep an eye out for my bag and eventually MAYBE replace it.
At the end of January 2020, we traveled to Maui. While there, we visited the LV at the Shops of Wailea, where they told us about the great HI pricing. I looked at a few new bags, but wasn’t really loving anything. Almost out the door, I asked the SA if they had a Black Epi Neverfull. She wasn’t sure but went in the back to check. Lo and behold she returned with one (I had found out a few weeks earlier they became available after Christmas but there were only 35 in the US).!! I was beyond excited and wanted to buy it right away, but my DH said we should think on it so we left (he thought I could look in Italy this summer) very reluctantly!
A few days later though, he fell sick with a cold which laid him up in bed, so I went out to dinner with a feiend and on the way home we stopped at the shops. The NV had not sold, so J called my husband on his sick bed to tell him I had though about it and was going to get it. In his Nyquil induced haze, he agreed, so I was able to be reunited with one of my favorite bags of all time. I am beyond happy!

Attachments

• E98833B9-2B47-4DFB-BC1A-F989C82D796F.jpeg
    E98833B9-2B47-4DFB-BC1A-F989C82D796F.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 338
  • 082EB557-1FC1-4D31-9B89-F4B3FE6D722A.jpeg
    082EB557-1FC1-4D31-9B89-F4B3FE6D722A.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 338
  • 71F1FA69-1ADF-404B-95D3-0970D05093BA.jpeg
    71F1FA69-1ADF-404B-95D3-0970D05093BA.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 346

Back in the fall of 2015, my DH was up in NYC for a Giants game. While there he knew the people he was with would want to go shopping. So while we were out to dinner with friends prior to his trip, he asked me if there was anything I wanted. I told him IF he happened to pass a Louis Vuitton store and IF he happened to go in, could he see IF they had a black Epi Neverfull. I said this pretty much as a joke, since it was not his style to do this sort of thing.
He went up for the game and upon his return surprised me with the bag!! Funnily enough, they had not had the bag there, but sourced it for him in Charlotte, so he picked the bag up there on the way home from the airport (we live in Columbia, SC). Very quickly, this bag became a mich loved favorite.
However, a little more than a year in, I noticed the leather handles starting to crack. I took it back to the store and they sent it in for warranty repair. It came back fixed, but didn’t
look quite right since the handles were much newer than the rest of the bag. I went back to faithfully using the bag, but noticed wear along the top edge. I didn’t go back to the store though, since the bag would be out of warranty.
Fast forward to summer of 2019. Out of the blue I got a call from LV corporate that they were recalling the bag due to leather cracking. I explained I had had the bag repaired, but they told me they would like me to still return it and get a new one or equal credit. Shortly before Christmas, we took the bag to the Charlotte store. Much to my dismay, not only did they not have the bag to exchange, it could not be ordered as they were in very short supply! I was distraught and almost did not leave the bag. My DH convinced me to return it and get a Damier Azur NV and a bracelet, saying we would keep an eye out for my bag and eventually MAYBE replace it.
At the end of January 2020, we traveled to Maui. While there, we visited the LV at the Shops of Wailea, where they told us about the great HI pricing. I looked at a few new bags, but wasn’t really loving anything. Almost out the door, I asked the SA if they had a Black Epi Neverfull. She wasn’t sure but went in the back to check. Lo and behold she returned with one (I had found out a few weeks earlier they became available after Christmas but there were only 35 in the US).!! I was beyond excited and wanted to buy it right away, but my DH said we should think on it so we left (he thought I could look in Italy this summer) very reluctantly!
A few days later though, he fell sick with a cold which laid him up in bed, so I went out to dinner with a feiend and on the way home we stopped at the shops. The NV had not sold, so J called my husband on his sick bed to tell him I had though about it and was going to get it. In his Nyquil induced haze, he agreed, so I was able to be reunited with one of my favorite bags of all time. I am beyond happy!
It looks lovely!

So happy you were able to find it again. It’s a beautiful bag. Enjoy.