Returns WITH receipt

I'm kind of worried about this too I returned some items I had with the tags still on to help fund the LV I wanted, I returned two purses and a wallet all in one shot....

Has anyone ever been banned for too many returns with a receipt?

I don't know about returns with receipts prompting a ban but I do know returns without receipts will get someone banned from returning, especially if they try playing games with said returns!

I would think returns with receipt would have to be "excessive", and possibly coupled with return/rebuy action outside the 14 day PA period. Now don't ask me what "excessive" is 'cause I've returned exactly 2 bags ever.

I think the "return ban" doesn't ban you from actually buying, you just can't return anything ever (and I think you can kiss PCE goodbye too.)

This isn't Coach but an example of how some companies treat the compulsive buy/return shopper - my daughter was in the habit of ordering clothing from Old Navy online in multiple sizes, because she never knew what size would fit, keep the one that did and return the others. One day she found herself unable to log into the ON website, the page went 404 on her every time she tried. She was IP and email address blocked - she created another account on her work computer and got in no problem. So ON found a way to solve the online shopper return dilemma, I guess! (P.S. She no longer orders multiples and returns, but then again she doesn't spend as much at ON either!)

Haven't heard of anything like this - have you experienced it or someone that you know?

Does that mean it is better to LOSE a receipt?

Nope - your account history is there for the SA's to see, they KNOW what you paid for what. Returning without receipt repeatedly (and doing stuff like trying to get a full refund on a bag you paid PCE for, or trying to get FP credit on an outlet delete bag) will get you banned.

Is there a time limit for returning unused bags from the FOS? I bought a bag about a month ago and now I want to return it. Tags are still on and I still have the original packing slip. I payed with PayPal so I know I have to return directly to Jacksonville, Florida.

Is there a time limit for returning unused bags from the FOS? I bought a bag about a month ago and now I want to return it. Tags are still on and I still have the original packing slip. I payed with PayPal so I know I have to return directly to Jacksonville, Florida.

If you don't want to send it back, you can take it to an outlet or FP and they'll issue you a merchandise credit.

If you don't want to send it back, you can take it to an outlet or FP and they'll issue you a merchandise credit.

Problem is I payed for it via PayPal and the website says if you used PayPal, you can only return or exchange by sending it back to Florida :tdown:

As we all know, its not free shipping to make a return so that sucks! Has anyone actually tried and succeeded to do a return/exchange a bag from the FOS to the factory store and used PayPal?

Problem is I payed for it via PayPal and the website says if you used PayPal, you can only return or exchange by sending it back to Florida :tdown:

As we all know, its not free shipping to make a return so that sucks! Has anyone actually tried and succeeded to do a return/exchange a bag from the FOS to the factory store and used PayPal?

If you want a refund, yes, you have to return to JAX. But you can return it to a store and get a merch credit. Here's what it says on FOS:

New, unused Factory merchandise paid for with PayPal must be returned to our Returns Department in Jacksonville, FL for a refund to the original PayPal account. Unfortunately, we cannot offer PayPal refunds for in-store returns. All in-store returns of merchandise purchased with PayPal will receive merchandise credit.

If you want a refund, yes, you have to return to JAX. But you can return it to a store and get a merch credit. Here's what it says on FOS:

New, unused Factory merchandise paid for with PayPal must be returned to our Returns Department in Jacksonville, FL for a refund to the original PayPal account. Unfortunately, we cannot offer PayPal refunds for in-store returns. All in-store returns of merchandise purchased with PayPal will receive merchandise credit.

I just want a refund. Saving some money for an LV Galliera :graucho:

I returned a bag from FOS to an outlet that I used PayPal to pay.

They would only give me merchandise credit in store, or return to JAX for full refund but on my dime. I took the merch credit but learned never to use PayPal for FOS.

I think this is unacceptable when I've made plenty of other purchases online with PayPal and returned items in store and received the Paypal refund INSTANTLY!!! I bought a phone at BestBuy.com and returned because I found it cheaper, by the time I left the store minutes later I had an email from PayPal notifying me of the refund.

I don't know about returns with receipts prompting a ban but I do know returns without receipts will get someone banned from returning, especially if they try playing games with said returns!

I would think returns with receipt would have to be "excessive", and possibly coupled with return/rebuy action outside the 14 day PA period. Now don't ask me what "excessive" is 'cause I've returned exactly 2 bags ever.

I think the "return ban" doesn't ban you from actually buying, you just can't return anything ever (and I think you can kiss PCE goodbye too.)

This isn't Coach but an example of how some companies treat the compulsive buy/return shopper - my daughter was in the habit of ordering clothing from Old Navy online in multiple sizes, because she never knew what size would fit, keep the one that did and return the others. One day she found herself unable to log into the ON website, the page went 404 on her every time she tried. She was IP and email address blocked - she created another account on her work computer and got in no problem. So ON found a way to solve the online shopper return dilemma, I guess! (P.S. She no longer orders multiples and returns, but then again she doesn't spend as much at ON either!)

Thanks...that makes sense. I thought I heard that even if you get banned (I'm not by the way) that as long as you have a reciept you could return. I'm asking for a co- worker. That got banned from returning without a reciept but not from buying. She wants to return a bag WITH her reciept but doesn't want to be embarrassed if she can't. The ban was not her fault per se.... Several of her receipts were processed wrong at the local outlet.

I returned a bag from FOS to an outlet that I used PayPal to pay.

They would only give me merchandise credit in store, or return to JAX for full refund but on my dime. I took the merch credit but learned never to use PayPal for FOS.

I think this is unacceptable when I've made plenty of other purchases online with PayPal and returned items in store and received the Paypal refund INSTANTLY!!! I bought a phone at BestBuy.com and returned because I found it cheaper, by the time I left the store minutes later I had an email from PayPal notifying me of the refund.

I know! It sux...I don't understand this stupid policy :nogood:

I do this regularly because I don't want to place multiple orders, pay multiple shipping and lose out on a coupon trying to find the right size. I usually do it with Land's End and have never had a problem. But I wind up spending so much at Land's End anyway. And I did do this recently with Old Navy, but I buy from them so rarely that I haven't tried again.