Returns from FP store to an outlet...

Do items returned to a FP store all end up getting sent to the outlets???

Personally, I would not want to pay full price at a FP store for a returned item. I would hope if they are trying to sell a return at a FP store they would at least let you know it was a return.

^nope!
returns to a full price store that is fp doesn't automatically get sent to the outlets. it gets rewrapped and placed on the shelf, unless there is a known defect which in that case it either gets destroyed, if sellable it's sent to outlet or to jax for them to send to outlet.

speaking of returns I think that some customers don't mind buying returns with cut tags and some do. those that don't mind would buy a bag and not worry about the tags being cut, just that it's not damaged. and if they got one that has tags and they might cut it themselves..and end up returning..that's fine..but I hope that because of customers who are a bit more picky..that they make less and less of that if not altogether stop..some people cut tag off without even really thinking of whether they want to keep it or not..it's just probably out of habit like with clothes..just in case you do decide to wear it randomly one day and you're running out the door you wouldn't be caught with the tags on still (embarassing!). I know that when I was working there I wouldn't cut the tag but rewrap with a tag I made..and I got everyone on board with that..for bags returned with a tag on.

those people that are super picky to get a new bag but don't mind using it slightly (by that I mean trying it out and then running an errand outside the house maybe for a few hours and then realizing it doesn't work for them) and then turn around returning it.

they're the ones that annoy me..not saying anyone in particular..just those I've ran into in my line of work.

in italia's case--did you say you had a receipt as well? the manager/sales person should
have asked instead of downright refusing

for anyone that may potentially run into people like that there's a return policy on the cashwrap that clearly states

new and unused fp goods may be returned with receipt for full credit or refund

new and unused outlet goods may be returned with receipt for store credit only or exchange.

you may direct them to it if they give you grief

notice it says nothing about goods without a receipt ;)

Of course I had my receipt. Ironically enough, it was the same bag that I had the "odd" experience returning at the outlet.

She just told me "no" for the sport of it. I let it slide because I'm fairly non confrontational...but next time the SA won't be so lucky IF I ever have another return to make!!