returning the ellipse?

pixiechic

So thankful.
O.G.
Apr 20, 2006
So I got the Ellipse PM last weekend and it's really cute! I love the way it looks.

However, once my stuff is in it, I'm liking it less, from a practical standpoint. There's no organization inside, and it's not quite big enough to fit the Pochette as a divider inside. The zipper is really stiff, and while I might be able to make that smoother with a bit of <ahem> lubrication, there's something about this bag that doesn't seem just right, and I'm thinking about returning/exchanging it.

I'm not normally a returning-stuff kind of person. On one hand, I think maybe I'm not used to a bag this structured? Perhaps I just need to give myself a little time to get used to it, and maybe I'll have Returner's Remorse if I exchange it.

On the other hand, I had NO misgivings about my Damier Speedy or the Cerises Pochette - I loved both of those from the first second. And, if I'm gonna pay $900+ for a bag, shouldn't I adore it completely? Help! :shrugs:

LV_addict said:
Maybe you should get the MM instead?

Maybe. I remember looking at it last weekend and thinking that it's huge, but it probably deserves another look!

Or...if I return it I could almost justify getting a Cerises Speedy...

hippiechic said:
Maybe. I remember looking at it last weekend and thinking that it's huge, but it probably deserves another look!

Or...if I return it I could almost justify getting a Cerises Speedy...

Bring all the stuff that you usually carry with you to the store and load the bag you are thinking of getting with it. This way there won't be any surprises when you get it home. MM is much larger but if you do carry many things and love the look of Ellipse this may be the solution to your problem.:yes: Then again, Cerises speedy is VERY NICE!:love:

LV_addict said:
Bring all the stuff that you usually carry with you to the store and load the bag you are thinking of getting with it. This way there won't be any surprises when you get it home. MM is much larger but if you do carry many things and love the look of Ellipse this may be the solution to your problem.:yes: Then again, Cerises speedy is VERY NICE!:love:

Oooh, good idea - they won't mind if I try putting my stuff in the bags while I'm there?

If I'm at LV trying on bags, I always empty out my purse into whatever bag I'm considering. The SAs don't mind at all! :yes:

hippiechic said:
So I got the Ellipse PM last weekend and it's really cute! I love the way it looks.

However, once my stuff is in it, I'm liking it less, from a practical standpoint. There's no organization inside, and it's not quite big enough to fit the Pochette as a divider inside. The zipper is really stiff, and while I might be able to make that smoother with a bit of <ahem> lubrication, there's something about this bag that doesn't seem just right, and I'm thinking about returning/exchanging it.

I'm not normally a returning-stuff kind of person. On one hand, I think maybe I'm not used to a bag this structured? Perhaps I just need to give myself a little time to get used to it, and maybe I'll have Returner's Remorse if I exchange it.

On the other hand, I had NO misgivings about my Damier Speedy or the Cerises Pochette - I loved both of those from the first second. And, if I'm gonna pay $900+ for a bag, shouldn't I adore it completely? Help! :shrugs:

IMO, you should love the bag so if you don't, get one that you will! :yes: I have the Ellipse PM and I agree with you about the practicality of it. It really doesn't hold a lot even though it looks like it should. I love mine b/c of the shape and design. :love:

addictedtolv said:
...I have the Ellipse PM and I agree with you about the practicality of it. It really doesn't hold a lot even though it looks like it should....

I think you nailed it - the Ellipse looks around the same size as a Speedy 25 (actually measures larger), but it doesn't hold nearly as much stuff because it's so narrow at the top. Why, oh why do I have to be such a practical girl?:P

Return it while you still can! And when you do, bring all of the things you carry daily with you, and test out a few new bags filled with your stuff. That's the only way to do it.