Returning something to seller...need help!

jences

The Purse Whore
Nov 25, 2008
Hello expert ebayers!
I am returning a pair of jeans to a seller. There is a small hole in the thigh that was not reported. Communication is fine with seller and so far everything is very copacetic.
I have asked for her address, which she supplied in an email. My question is: how do I verify this is her address? Do I need to do something to ensure that this is her correct address? Maybe confirm through paypal or ebay or something? And do I need to get dc and siggie? Anything else I need to do to prepare myself?

Thanks!!!

Definitely DC. If your jeans were over $250, then sig confirmation on top of that.

Do you happen to have the original label she used to ship the item to you? If so, you could compare the address on that label to what she told you.

In my experience, both PP and ebay are VERY hush hush re: revealing people's addresses. However, what they seem to be able to do (as permissible by law) is for you to recite the address, and they can answer "yes" or "no" as to what they have on file.

Good luck! :smile:

Check your PayPal account for the seller's address. If she/he used PayPal to pay for the shipping label their return address will be under "Details" on the transaction line of your account activity.

Hello expert ebayers!
I am returning a pair of jeans to a seller. There is a small hole in the thigh that was not reported. Communication is fine with seller and so far everything is very copacetic.
I have asked for her address, which she supplied in an email. My question is: how do I verify this is her address? Do I need to do something to ensure that this is her correct address? Maybe confirm through paypal or ebay or something? And do I need to get dc and siggie? Anything else I need to do to prepare myself?

Thanks!!!

As suggested by above posters. if your item is over $250 insure
w/signature & delivery confirmation.... you could google her address
and you could check your pp account as well..the information should
be provided and you can also contact pp.. did she confirm the return
in ebay e-mail or your regular e-mail? reason being that pp would
at least know that the return is valid and confirm the address that
you would provide..

Just checked details of the transaction thru pp. Her address is not listed. Now what? Call them?

Or just email the seller and ask to confirm her return mail address. That's what I always do, because you never know if they just forgot to update their paypal address or whatever.

Just checked details of the transaction thru pp. Her address is not listed. Now what? Call them?
Call who? :confused1: PP? The seller? I don't advise to call the seller. That would probably not be a good idea.

If you meant PP or ebay, then yes, this is a good step to take now. Like want it all said, seems their hands are tied when it comes to privacy laws (as it should be), but at least they can confirm or deny if you tell them what the seller has revealed to you.

Or just email the seller and ask to confirm her return mail address. That's what I always do, because you never know if they just forgot to update their paypal address or whatever.
The seller emailed that address to the OP. OP is just questioning whether it is legitimate, I think.

the seller has agreed to have you return the item..

just e-mail her to confirm the address and you just want to be sure of where
the return has to be sent... and you will provide tracking info ..

Call paypal. say "I am returning something to a seller and I want to verify that XYZ is the correct address to send it to". They will tell you if you give them the address.

Went through the garbage to find the shipping box and it is GONE! So, I'll take all your advice...I did email her and she sent her address, so that's done. I wanted to make sure that was hers. I will call PP and ask them to confirm if the address she provided is the one on file. I will get dc and signature. Yes, she sent email through ebay. Does that make a difference?? Just wondering....

Went through the garbage to find the shipping box and it is GONE! So, I'll take all your advice...I did email her and she sent her address, so that's done. I wanted to make sure that was hers. I will call PP and ask them to confirm if the address she provided is the one on file. I will get dc and signature. Yes, she sent email through ebay. Does that make a difference?? Just wondering....
Aw, too bad the shipping box from the garbage is gone, but at least you do have PP to fall back on. :smile:

Yes, it does make a difference re: your correspondence w/the seller...if it's through your private email addy, ebay can't see any of it, whereas if all your correspondence is done through ebay, then ebay can read everything that was sent. It's a much better paper trail to keep everything done within the ebay messaging system. When messages are sent via personal email addresses, they can be more readily faked, and when issues arise, it's tougher to get those non-ebay messages to stand in claims/disputes.

Hello expert ebayers!

Thanks!!!

I am on the same boat almost, I found out the louis vuitton I bought was fake, it's a reputable seller and we have good communication but should she refund me before I send the bag back?!did you have her give u a refund first? What if she says I didn't send it back or the box was empty ah I'm so paranoid ugh stupid eBay lo,

I am on the same boat almost, I found out the louis vuitton I bought was fake, it's a reputable seller and we have good communication but should she refund me before I send the bag back?!did you have her give u a refund first? What if she says I didn't send it back or the box was empty ah I'm so paranoid ugh stupid eBay lo,

No -- you'll have to send the bag back first. Make sure to send it to her PP address with signature confirmation.

most sellers don't refund until the item has been returned to them.

if you feel better you can certainly take a pic/video of
putting the item into a box ..

you said that your seller is reputable... there really shouldn't
be a reason why you would think she would say she received an
empty box, is there??

you an e-mail your seller with all the shipping info & you can
track it online as well so you know when it was received..you
can also provide that info to pp as well...

most sellers don't refund until the item has been returned to them.

if you feel better you can certainly take a pic/video of
putting the item into a box ..

you said that your seller is reputable... there really shouldn't
be a reason why you would think she would say she received an
empty box, is there??

you an e-mail your seller with all the shipping info & you can
track it online as well so you know when it was received..you
can also provide that info to pp as well...

Thanks guys, it just sucks she sold me a fake bag saying it was authentic, papyl holds my money for 5 days them another 3 days to transfer it to my account, I just think she should refund me thatnway by the time it gets to her I have my money, I'm not the one who sold the fake bag lol but yeah ur right i'll send it first with signature confirm and tracking thanks guys!!