? returning Gucci bag via mail...safe

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have to return the gucci I bought at Saks. I live far away (2 hours from saks) and don't want to travel. I spoke to a SA and she said I can send it but just have someone sign for it. Anyone do a gucci return via mail? Do you think its safe?

2. I have returned items to saks via fedex. I would definately advise to insure the package for what you paid. Also make sure to include a photocopy of your receipt. Hold on to the original. I just returned some chanel belts and the customer service rep said that I had ot put the receipts in the box. I know for sure I did. I am glad I kept the original.

3. Can I ask what you are going to return?
    Thanks

4. jrw118,
    I am returning a guccissma off white tote, its just too big of a bag. I don't know what I was thinking.

5. jrw118 ,
    Will they accept a photocopy of the original receipt in the box? I can always send original and keep a copy for myself. I want to make sure my return has no problems. I guess any record will be better then none , right? What would you do?

6. In my experience, the best thing to do is keep a copy of the receipt, insure for the purchase amount, and make sure you have a tracking # - that way you can follow the return all the way to the store and also see who signed for it. I recently returned a Prada and Gucci to Saks via UPS, noticed it wasn't showing up on my account, but I knew who signed for it, etc., so I called the store, the SA tracked it down, and the box had been set aside in receiving. I think it's safe via mail as long as you have insurance and documentation.

7. Thanks for the tips! Do you think I should label on the box, Attn: Gucci Dept

8. Yes, definitely. I found out that if you also know the SA name, it gets there faster.

9. I called the store and the women said put Attn: customer service. So, off I go to mail it off. Thanks.