Returning a bag.....

QueenOfDa702

Ma to the d@mn D-E-A
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
Hey everyone!
I recently bought a bag from the Coach boutique and its not really working for me. Heres the deal...I LOST THE RECIEPT! I thought I put it in my wallet but its not there! I have all of the tags still, will they take it back without the receipt??? I dont care about just getting a store credit or whatever...I will end up buying another bag anyways. So the store credit doesnt bug me. I just dont want to keep around a bag thats not going to be used.

Here you go (from the Coach site):

Where do I send my return?
We will be glad to refund or exchange any new and unused merchandise. You may return your item(s) to either a Coach Full Price Store or ship your item(s) to our Returns department.

New, unused Full Price merchandise may be exchanged or returned at any Coach Store with an original Coach receipt or mail order packing invoice.
New, unused Full Price merchandise may be returned for merchandise credit with a gift receipt.
New, unused Factory merchandise may be returned for merchandise credit only in Full Price stores with an original Coach receipt or gift receipt.
Price adjustments on previous purchases are not permitted.
Purchases made in a Coach store, on Coach.com, or over the phone may not be returned to Department Stores.
For locations of our Coach Full Price stores, please visit our online Store Locator .
For items being sent to our Returns department, please be sure to ship your item by insured, traceable mail. This service is offered by UPS, USPS, and other carriers. Please include a note with your address and daytime phone number along with your instructions and a copy of your sales receipt or packing slip, and send to:
C O A C H
Attn: Returns
One Coach Way
Jacksonville, Florida 32218​
Coach reserves the right to modify its exchange and return policy.

They should have your info in the system anyway I would think .. ?

Store will not use that in place of a receipt, it's mainly for emergency purposes for the management staff and the records only stay for two weeks. Losing a receipt is not an emergency situation.

Thanks Sprinkles! I ordered it directly from JAX and have the packing slip and was just going to the store today. I don't even mind getting store credit.

What about if you ordered the bag at the coach store because it wasn't out yet, and it got shipped to you from the factory... can you return it to a coach store with the receipt?

What about if you ordered the bag at the coach store because it wasn't out yet, and it got shipped to you from the factory... can you return it to a coach store with the receipt?

As long as you have the packing slip or the receipt printed out from the store when you ordered the item, it won't be an issue. You should have no problem.

As long as the bag is unused and still brand new, you can get a store credit without a receipt.

I tried this after Christmas since I received a bag I didn't want that I knew came from the store. I didn't have the receipt either but it was new with tags attached. They wouldn't take it back - not even for store credit. That's a big reason I try to buy all my Coach now at Nordstrom.

I tried this after Christmas since I received a bag I didn't want that I knew came from the store. I didn't have the receipt either but it was new with tags attached. They wouldn't take it back - not even for store credit. That's a big reason I try to buy all my Coach now at Nordstrom.

There are a few stores who go by this policy because of fraudulent returns.