Return Problems, Advice

jobaker

O.G.
Nov 23, 2007
I bought a Givency tshirt on their site. I work out of the US and airports here were closed. When airports reopened, I returned to the US briefly. The item is poor guality and the wrapping paper is sticking to the shirt's decal. Yet Givenchy is refusing to accept it because the 30 day return window has passed. I have emailed them appealing but they're not responsive. Any advice/help appreciated.

I'm reading your post as you are in US, and the Givenchy site you purchased from is also US. What US based company did not have an updated return policy to include return period is extended due to covid? Why should Givenchy be any different, especially since it is beyond your power to return something if the government instructed close down of its infrastructure? I would expect your credit card to be able to dispute this? The poor quality and wrapping paper is supplemental feedback, but the global pandemic should be the main focal point. If your cc does not ultimately support you and you end up having to pay, at least know that this was a lesson to get a better cc and not do business with that vendor. Another option you may resort to is writing a letter to the President/CEO of Givenchy. I did that once and the issue was handled appropriately. That was an item worth thousands, so hopefully, your tee was much less costly.

I'm reading your post as you are in US, and the Givenchy site you purchased from is also US. What US based company did not have an updated return policy to include return period is extended due to covid? Why should Givenchy be any different, especially since it is beyond your power to return something if the government instructed close down of its infrastructure? I would expect your credit card to be able to dispute this? The poor quality and wrapping paper is supplemental feedback, but the global pandemic should be the main focal point. If your cc does not ultimately support you and you end up having to pay, at least know that this was a lesson to get a better cc and not do business with that vendor. Another option you may resort to is writing a letter to the President/CEO of Givenchy. I did that once and the issue was handled appropriately. That was an item worth thousands, so hopefully, your tee was much less costly.
I agree with the bolded. Yes I used the US site but unfortunately I used a debit card. I will try writing as suggested. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: 880
I am not proficient or skilled at social media, but I’ve heard that sometimes companies are more responsive on Facebook or twitter or something like that? Would it be possible to complain on one of those platforms in a public way, since I am sure that others have your issue too! Hope it gets resolved quickly! Good luck!

I am not proficient or skilled at social media, but I’ve heard that sometimes companies are more responsive on Facebook or twitter or something like that? Would it be possible to complain on one of those platforms in a public way, since I am sure that others have your issue too! Hope it gets resolved quickly! Good luck!

Great advice 880. I've heard that, and tried it myself. It at least got me a much faster response - since they don't want negative comments on their public social media. I would suggest starting with a public comment, not a Private Message - though a Private Message may be needed to give them your details once they respond to the public comment. Good luck!