Restarting my collection. Need advice!

pursula

Emily
O.G.
Aug 16, 2013
I currently only have the NF GM with the fucshia interior. I am looking to expand my collection and want to start with an azur bag. I think it's between the azur Speedy or the azur NF. I love speedies and have had many-- the NF I have is the only one I've ever had. Which should I go for? I have noticed that the straps on my NF at the top where it touches my shoulder aren't as great looking as they used to be, so I know as far as longevity that the handles of the Speedy will probably look better.
I guess it comes down to: When you see someone in public with an azur Speedy or NF, which one looks better to you?

TIA!

I currently only have the NF GM with the fucshia interior. I am looking to expand my collection and want to start with an azur bag. I think it's between the azur Speedy or the azur NF. I love speedies and have had many-- the NF I have is the only one I've ever had. Which should I go for? I have noticed that the straps on my NF at the top where it touches my shoulder aren't as great looking as they used to be, so I know as far as longevity that the handles of the Speedy will probably look better.
I guess it comes down to: When you see someone in public with an azur Speedy or NF, which one looks better to you?

TIA!
the azur NF always always catches my eye (usually see them when travelling). i just see more NF's in general than speedy bags anyway. straps are replaceable so don't let that sway you too much.

I have an azur Neverfull mm and an azur Speedy 30. I think of the Neverfull as a tote and use it for work and shopping. I think of the Speedy as a purse and usually don't carry it to work and only use it for shorter outings since it is handheld. The happy medium for me is my Delightful. I have it in mono and azur and it works for me in all situations. Perhaps consider a Delightful pursula [emoji846]

If it just between the two choices I would go with a NF as you mentioned you already have a lot of Speedy's. But if you re open to other options I think the Girolata, Croisette and Delightful as others have mentioned would be something worth looking at too.

Reactions: j19
I have the NF Azur, but since you already have a neverful I think Speedy I have the DE Speedy B but the DA is on my list to get. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

I will have to follow your posts :smile: I too am restarting my collection shopping at a local Von Maur LV Trunk show just a few weeks back. I am a Azur fan :heart: and I thought about a speedy also, but thought that I needed to keep a bag above my 'blue' jeans that seem to be a staple of mine. So I bought a Artsy Damier Azur GM love the feet on the bottom to protect it. Can't wait to see what bag you purchase next :graucho:. Congrats on your NF GM love the fuchsia interior.

First of all, thank you all for all your tips and opinions.
Have you ever went into the store for one thing and are completely set on this one pattern, and then something happens and the stars align and you forget that you exist on Earth?
Well, that was me.
I told my SA I wanted to look at the speedy 30 so of course he pulls out the monogram one and....I don't know...something sparked. Then I told him azur, and he brings that one over and sits it next to the monogram.
I tried to get the azur. I did. One of the other SAs even boxed it up....and then I tried on the monogram again and.....well now I have a monogram Speedy 30. :nuts: I've never had a Speedy brand new before (not counting the bandoulieres in my profile pic, which I no longer own), all the ones I have had have been preloved. I think I just have an addiction to monogram.....and then I started thinking about wearing black leggings and jeans and everything else about azur. How easily it could get color transfer. And then I thought about shopping and how I'd be afraid to put my purse in the buggy. Because it would get dirty. (I had that problem with the azur bandouliere that I had. It never left my body.)
Oh, and then she talked me into a cosmetic pouch, which I've always wanted.
So that's my story. And I'm sticking to it. :biggrin:
Thank you all again for all the opinions, I truly thought I was getting an azur bag today. I guess surprises are fun. I'm a firm believer in the saying, "When you know, you know."

First of all, thank you all for all your tips and opinions.
Have you ever went into the store for one thing and are completely set on this one pattern, and then something happens and the stars align and you forget that you exist on Earth?
Well, that was me.
I told my SA I wanted to look at the speedy 30 so of course he pulls out the monogram one and....I don't know...something sparked. Then I told him azur, and he brings that one over and sits it next to the monogram.
I tried to get the azur. I did. One of the other SAs even boxed it up....and then I tried on the monogram again and.....well now I have a monogram Speedy 30. :nuts: I've never had a Speedy brand new before (not counting the bandoulieres in my profile pic, which I no longer own), all the ones I have had have been preloved. I think I just have an addiction to monogram.....and then I started thinking about wearing black leggings and jeans and everything else about azur. How easily it could get color transfer. And then I thought about shopping and how I'd be afraid to put my purse in the buggy. Because it would get dirty. (I had that problem with the azur bandouliere that I had. It never left my body.)
Oh, and then she talked me into a cosmetic pouch, which I've always wanted.
So that's my story. And I'm sticking to it. :biggrin:
Thank you all again for all the opinions, I truly thought I was getting an azur bag today. I guess surprises are fun. I'm a firm believer in the saying, "When you know, you know."
I love trying on bags in person too. It really helps to know if it's the right bag for you. I was set on the DE Delightful but then I saw the mono version, tried it on and fell in love with that one and I'm so happy with it! Congrats on your new bag!