Resort 2010 raffia bags

kate79

Jul 27, 2006
Anyone have any of the Resort 2010 raffia bags? What's the verdict?

I ordered one from Bluefly yesterday and I'm really hoping I'll like it -seems like a fun summer bag. But I haven't seen these IRL before so I'm not really sure what to expect.

^Yeah, that's what I'm wondering about. Wondering if they're stiff or slouchy and also curious about the leather trim. It's definitely not going to be an everyday bag for me, but thought it might be a cute vacation/beach bag.

Bump

No one has one of these? Anyone seen them IRL?

I don't have one, but I did see them IRL at the Barneys store in San Francisco. I really wanted the one you got (but in blue) and my first impression that it was HUGE. The bag is a lot bigger then the pictures on the Balenciaga website make it look. I was thinking of it as a nice cute summer bag, but I changed my mind afterwards because it looked too big and bulky for summer. They had them behind glass so I wasn't able to touch it, but they did look pretty stiff and definitely not slouchy at all. I don't know if after you wear it a few times and break it in what it would do, but definitely stiff being new. The strap seemed ok, I didn't look at it too much.

Hope that helped! :smile:

Thanks oliveowl - that definitely helped!

I hadn't even thought about the size before....looked like it would be the size of a Day in pictures....now I'm nervous.

^^thanks kate! I love your bag! You will have to post pictures when it arrives. I think it will be perfect for spring and summer. Sometimes a leather bag just seems so heavy during hot weather!

I saw these irl.....they're very cute! If I had the money to spend on a strictly summer bag, this is what I would want! They're not stiff.....they feel well made....definitely not a flimsy, cheap straw bag. I think you'll like it! It didn't look huge to me at all...the east/west version is huge.