Resellers can take the thrill out of the hunt!

So this is the first time this has really happened to me. With all of the awesome sales that Macy's was having I have realized that resellers are taking a lot of our fun for shopping for great deals away from us! I was looking for the gray tribeca shoulder bag (which I found...thanks for all of the great enablers out there :yahoo:). I had been stalking the bay and there were two of them. Now there are like 6 or seven. I would be really happy about this if I weren't able to get one at Macy's because the prices are good but I do enjoy a good "hunt." Men like to hunt animals and I like to hunt purses.

I know that they do help when people don't have access to the great deals at outllets and other places but when you are buying to resell it really stinks because then I can't buy to wear! KWIM?

I know it is just business and nothing will really change it but it is a bummer because I love the thrill of a good deal! LOL. Just a small rant.

I couldn't agree more...the people who scarf them all up to sell them for a profit take the fun out of it and make it harder to find what we are looking for.

p.s. I am addicted to the hunt so I know exactly what you mean :greengrin:

I know it is tuff, I think we have all been there. As soon as the Outlet has a bag for sale that all show up on Ebay or Bonanzle. I just hate going to the OUtlet and seeing some guy (because in my area it is alway a man) hold 5 or 10 of the same bag and knowing he will be selling it on the web.

There is also another issue Coach does not send items out evenly. I know that if tPF informs me that a bag went to the Outlet, it does not mean my Outlet has it. So I have to go to the Web to get it. It happens all the time.

But as you said it is Business and sometimes when I go on Bonanzle and get a great deal on a bag I am glad it is there and I do not ask how the person got it.

I don't know if you read my thread of a few days ago but I posted my nightmare story about the same issues at the Camarillo factory store. It was the middle of the week so you would think it would be halfway sane. I got pushed, shoved elbowed as I reached for a bag on the shelf and cut in front of in the loooong line to pay. People came in and scooped whole shelves in to their LARGE fabric bags, supplied by the Coach store. I really think that before too long the resellers are going to totally RUIN it for those of us who, as you said, love a good hunt. I too, love the thrill of a good hunt. I finally got disgusted, put the bag back on the shelf and left. Mind you, I live 3 1/2 away from the nearest factory store. We went to Santa Barbara factory store and it was absolutely quiet and I found what I wanted. We stopped back at the Camarillo store. before they opened, on our way home. I was one of the first to walk 8in the door and it was actually sane for the first 15 min. I quickly found my bag, paid and left. It was already beginning to become a zoo again.

^^^ Not everyone that sells on Ebay or Bonanzle are resellers, a lot of ftpers that change their minds about a bag sell them on Ebay or Bonanzle because it's more convenient (outlet is too far) or because they have to thin out their collection.

Sorry to legitimate sellers...My opinion is just tainted because of the large volume of people I've seen at my outlet walking around with three of HTF items hanging on each arm and handfuls of HTF accessories. This on top of the SA saying that they no longer have any more in the back! Really, it's not fair on the HTF items.

Last edited:
Sorry to legitimate sellers...My opinion is just tainted because of the large volume of people I've seen at my outlet walking around with three of HTF items hanging on each arm and handfuls of HTF accessories. This on top of the SA saying that they no longer have any more in the back! Really, it's not fair on the HTF items.

I don't blame you. I think my outlet must be more militant than others because they don't let anyone get more that what's allowed, even if they are not resellers.

I don't blame you. I think my outlet must be more militant than others because they don't let anyone get more that what's allowed, even if they are not resellers.

Coach does have a buying limit when purchasing that day but people also have 2-3-4-5 family members with them racking up the steals and deals .. not fare..thats the thing some people just have that kind of loot to put out thats their business they run..

nothing beats a good deal and I guess only those who really stalk the stores would know that feeling we get inside when we drive home with a bag at almost 80%off like i did today.lol

I agree. I once saw a girl buy FIVE huge shopping bags worth of purses and no one said a word to her. I think that when you are taking reselling to that extent it's just plain selfish.

As much as I love to shop, sometimes it's just easier to avoid the "hunt" and just order that hard to find bag from ebay...

True...sometimes it is easier to pay someone to shop for you! Especially when you have children, a husband and a full time job to contend with!
Sometimes you just can't get to Macy's on a Tuesday or the outlet during a sale.