Rescue dog -8 weeks or 8 months?

I would opt for the 8 month old as well. I got my puppy at 7 weeks, and although she is the light of my life, we've been through more than one struggle that comes with adopting her that young. Knowing what I know now, if I were to adopt another one, I'd get an older one.

This won't really apply to your situation, but I went to a city pound years ago and couldn't choose between 2 dogs. So I left, came back the next day, and adopted the dog that had not adopted out. That way, I didn't have to decide (I liked them both equally) AND both dogs had a new home.

Awww. I love this idea! I'm going to keep this in mind when hubby and I start looking to adopt a dog.

I went to see the puppy. She was so adorable, but I realized that an older dog would be better for us. I felt awful leaving her, but she has others interested in adopting her.
We will get the older dog if everything works out.

OP, I wish you well. I was going to suggest you wait a while, as when I've gotten my rescue animals, it's been under "unique circumstances" that give me the impression that the right time will come along, and I'll know it's time to add another to my family...