Resale recommendations?

bbybrook02

Aug 12, 2009
I'm not sure if this would be a new topic or fall into another... I'm looking to sell a couple of bags that sit lonely in my closet. Which of the two offer the best purchase price, Fashionphile or yoogi's closet? And hassle free.

I've tried eBay and my auction often ends at a higher price than I expected - unfortunately they never pay! Years ago, eBay would have been my first choice. Seems selling on eBay is no longer fun. My time is limited and honestly don't have the patience for that :sad:

I've sold to fashionphile and I don't recommend them. For the simple fact that it always seems they quote me one price and by the time it gets to their offices, they call me and suddenly the price is way lower. Unfortunately, at that point I'm frustrated with so much time lost that I just accept their offer. It's happened twice already.

I've heard good things about Yoogis. I'd try them first.

I'm not sure if this would be a new topic or fall into another... I'm looking to sell a couple of bags that sit lonely in my closet. Which of the two offer the best purchase price, Fashionphile or yoogi's closet? And hassle free.

I've tried eBay and my auction often ends at a higher price than I expected - unfortunately they never pay! Years ago, eBay would have been my first choice. Seems selling on eBay is no longer fun. My time is limited and honestly don't have the patience for that :sad:

You'd have to contact both companies and request valuations. There are other threads on the forum about this: sometimes Yoogis offers more, sometimes FP does.

I would ask both for a quote. I have sold to both and have been very happy with both.
I haven't had a problem with them low balling once they received my bag but I tell them the exact condition of my bags upfront so there are no surprises.
Good luck!

Consider giving eBay another try, establish your price as a Buy It Now, Immediate Payment Required, require Paypal verified and Confirmed address status from your buyer, set your selling policies to exclude countries you do not want to ship to, if any, outside the US. You will avoid impulse buyers if they have to pay upfront to end the auction.

I have sold to both Yoogi's and Fashionphile in the past couple months. For both bags that I was selling, I got quotes from both of time. For one of the bags, Fashionphile offered double what Yoogi's did, and for the other bag Yoogi's offered $50 more.

When it comes to these things the best thing I can tell you is to be detailed as possible in your description. Yoogi's only lets you upload two photos, but I think Fashionphile lets you upload like 12.

I already received my check from Yoogi's and they also sent a coupon code to use for $50 off my next purchase of $300 or more just for selling to them! I don't know if Fashionphile will offer something like this, but they do seem a little slower mailing the check. They credit your Fashionphile account first (I guess to see if you would use it to buy something from them).

I've never sold on eBay so I don't have any tips or advice for that. Good luck!

I've sold to both Yoogis and couture USA and have been happy with both places...I've bought from anns fabulous Finds but never sold to them, I think they do consignment only, no direct buy..

I have used eBay for two LV's I sold. I did a buy it now with no problems. My first bag sold within 3 hours and the second took a week. I just do not care for the 10% eBay takes and then the Paypal percentage. Most of my other bags I sold to people I knew and an Aunt who will wait for me to get tired of a bag. Do you know someone wanting a preLoved bag? I would say if you can out right sell to like Yoogi's then I would do that and not have to worry about eBay - if the price is right of course!

Be Blessed MoNikki

I really like Yoogi's because they have been so professional and efficient with our transactions. No more E-bay for me, even though I did receive more money that way. Just too much hassle with E-bay. I have not tried Fashionphile because I've been so pleased with Yoogi's.

I have sold both on Ebay, Bonanza, and on Yoogi's. Ebay gets on my nerves with the fees. Bonanza has way less fees, but less traffic. Yoogi's was very good. Money was put right in my paypal account and my bag sold in one day. Good Luck

I was selling a pair of Manolos and Yoogi's offered me the best price for them so I sent them off to them. Once they received them they offered me less for them which I was not happy about. I had taken several pictures of the shoes and I felt what they were reducing them for could be seen in the original photos. I still continued with the transaction because I wanted to be done with it.

I sold a bag to Meme's treasures and was happy with how it went. I wished I could have gotten slightly more but it was great dealing with her and not an Ebay buyer. I got my money right away and she didn't change her quote after receiving the bag. The only negative is you have to pay to ship to her.

You can try Tradesy. It's like eBay where you can control the price but without the whole bidding thing. They take 9% fee and paypal takes about 3%. I have bought from them and sold on that site too.

Any idea about what % Yoogis gives you (in check) of their selling price? For example, if I give them a bag that today lists for $3100 and they sell it for $2700 (mint and unused ever) - will they give me 70% of that. Or closer to 50%? Thanks!

[ QUOTE=Phillyfan;27075155]Any idea about what % Yoogis gives you (in check) of their selling price? For example, if I give them a bag that today lists for $3100 and they sell it for $2700 (mint and unused ever) - will they give me 70% of that. Or closer to 50%? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Are you selling to Yoogi's or consignment?

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum