Reputable places to buy 1 ct diamond studs

I hear so many people say Costco diamonds have fire! Which is so awesome to hear!

Does their color ‘I’ take away from their beauty or you don’t notice they are I in color?

Thanks

Reactions: pvmchadwick
I hear so many people say Costco diamonds have fire! Which is so awesome to hear!

Does their color ‘I’ take away from their beauty or you don’t notice they are I in color?

Thanks
I think it depends what metal you want to set them in. I'd never bought Costco diamonds before. But I saw @Onebagtoomany 's beautiful Tennis Bracelet from them and I had an occasion to get a TB, and she didn't mind my "copying" (:hugs:) so I got it from them.

My bracelet is in the TB thread here. What surprised me the most was the fire in these diamonds. They are fantastic! But, they are set in 18kt yellow gold, which if you want a white metal, you'll have to make that color call. I LOVE the stones in this bracelet. So much so that the extras (it was too long for me), I'm using to make a necklace! That one will be platinum.

Costco has a positive reputation in the industry for diamonds, you can try them? Costco has a great return policy--or go in a warehouse and try some?

Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: Onebagtoomany

Thanks

If the cut is ideal, you won’t notice. My 2.13 ttcw diamond studs from Whiteflash are set in platinum, VS1/I and GIA triple excellent and they face up beautifully white. I had been worried about setting them in white metal because of the lower colour but needn’t have been. I handpicked them using guidance from this forum, Pricescope and running them through the Holloway Cut Advisor tool/calculator and could not be happier!

Reactions: jjgg
costco is good but with whiteflash you get more choices of size and the three C's

I completely agree with this and would actually not recommend Costco for diamond studs, despite having other jewellery pieces from them which are wonderful. There is no real choice with Costco as they have what they have available in terms of carat weight and quality. You want to be able to really narrow down on cut, clarity and colour and I would highly recommend going further than that and using online resources such as the Pricescope forum (and some very knowledgable and helpful members on here) to choose the best studs you can for your budget and preferences.

I’m sure others will be able to recommend alternative vendors, but personally I have had great experiences with both Blue Nile and Whiteflash for my diamond studs and if I was to buy another pair now I would go with Whiteflash without hesitation.

Reactions: sdkitty
I completely agree with this and would actually not recommend Costco for diamond studs, despite having other jewellery pieces from them which are wonderful. There is no real choice with Costco as they have what they have available in terms of carat weight and quality. You want to be able to really narrow down on cut, clarity and colour and I would highly recommend going further than that and using online resources such as the Pricescope forum (and some very knowledgable and helpful members on here) to choose the best studs you can for your budget and preferences.

I’m sure others will be able to recommend alternative vendors, but personally I have had great experiences with both Blue Nile and Whiteflash for my diamond studs and if I was to buy another pair now I would go with Whiteflash without hesitation.
good advice....there are different considerations - do you want to get perfect white diamonds (unnecessary for earrings IMO) or do you want to sacrifice in one area - color for instance - to get bigger diamonds. I spent some time on Pricescope too. agree, it's helpful.

• Insightful
Reactions: Onebagtoomany
good advice....there are different considerations - do you want to get perfect white diamonds (unnecessary for earrings IMO) or do you want to sacrifice in one area - color for instance - to get bigger diamonds. I spent some time on Pricescope too. agree, it's helpful.

Yes, exactly - I’m a good example of this with colour as my 1.62’s are D colour (total overkill but they were a lot cheaper to buy a few years ago compared to prices now) and my 2.13’s are I colour. I can honestly see very little visual difference between them and looking at the I pair on their own they face up beautifully white. I also have a diamond solitaire necklace from Blue Nile set in yellow gold with I colour (again ideal cut, GIA triple excellent etc) and it looks great. If I was in the market for another diamond I would now be very tempted to try J colour for savings I would make!

Yes, exactly - I’m a good example of this with colour as my 1.62’s are D colour (total overkill but they were a lot cheaper to buy a few years ago compared to prices now) and my 2.13’s are I colour. I can honestly see very little visual difference between them and looking at the I pair on their own they face up beautifully white. I also have a diamond solitaire necklace from Blue Nile set in yellow gold with I colour (again ideal cut, GIA triple excellent etc) and it looks great. If I was in the market for another diamond I would now be very tempted to try J colour for savings I would make!
yes, I think cut can make a big difference - make a diamond sparkle much more. I would also consider lab grown diamonds if I were shopping for earrings now