Reporting Louis Vuitton fakes to ebay members.

parlourgirl

Sep 1, 2008
I bought a fake bag charm on ebay from a seller who has 100% feedback. The seller agreed to refund me when I ship it back. The seller said they were unaware that the item was fake. After looking at the sellers previously sold items I am 100% sure that the seller has sold other fake bag charms. Would you notify other buyers that the item they bought was fake. :police:

Was it the same charm? Because it is suspicious to sell multiples of the same charm especially for cheap prices compared to how much they are at lv
Hopefully your feedback does mention that it wasn't authentic

I have done this a few times and some buyers have been grateful but some don't respond (maybe they don't want to believe they have been ripped off).

I use my second ebay account that I don't buy or sell from.

I think it is horrible that many sellers actually get away with selling fakes and have 100% feedback because people are unaware because they have little to no experience with designer items...
But I honestly think that once the auction is over and feedback has been given there is nothing more that can be done. I always try to report all the fakes I see but I don't know whether eBay does anyting with it and it sure is not enough to get rid of all the fakes.
I feel eBay should provide (with those auctions) links to sites like tPF, mypoupette and other places where you can have items authenticated!! Because I feel most people just have no clue about how they would be able to have an "experts" opinion. Or they ask an "expert" friends opinion who happens to have one LV but really isn't capable of judging!

There's a seller on there now who all of sudden is selling tons of bag charms for around $500 and $600. And some are still available on the LV site for half that price. Why would anyone pay double the retail? Do they think no one will check the website?

I beleive this is against ebay policy but it's great that you want to do that. I would certainly want another buyer to warn me and I would be very grateful.

Actually when I called ebay to open a case against the seller I asked them if it was okay to contact previous buyers, They actually said that they would if they were me. I have to admit it is an amazing fake charm. The charm is the Marina charm with the anchor.

You are not allowed to contact buyers you had no transaction with. It is "auction interference" even after the auction is closed. The seller can report you for this and Ebay will contact you via email with the various sanctions for auction interference.

You'd be surprised how many buyers when contacted about a fake they have purchased or may have purchased go right to their seller, and in the process use your User ID.

Also, the Ebay Customer Service Rep who told you it was OK is dead wrong and is probably one of the uninformed hundreds manning the phone these days.

Do this at your own risk.