REPORT - Tyler Perry expecting first child

never heard of him linked with a woman either
could he be asexual after his childhood molestation?
wonder if he will tell the truth about the child in an interview with Oprah
He's very rich and powerful - should not have to pretend to be someone he isn't

Unfortunately, In the black community it's common to hide it. I was so proud of my BFF, when I finally got him out the closet. He was an army brat and being gay was a huge no no in his family. He has been out for 5yrs, yet his grandfather has no idea. His Dad didn't speak to him for a long time and still won't tell anyone about his only son/child.

nah! O ain't gonna do that to her buddy pal! :nono:

Nobody should have to pretend..rich or poor.

here's the thing with Tyler and the possibility of his being DL or gay or whatever
The whole DL concepts comes from black men who were raised Christians who were afraid to come out as gay because of shaming from the church and black community.
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that Tyler always comes off as a very spiritual Christian person so this pregnancy without marriage is shocking and if he living a lie the fact that people of Christian faith especially in the black community would shun him for sure
Honestly its so mixed up and crazy that he would be accepted more for getting a woman pregnant out of wedlock instead of coming out as gay

here's the thing with Tyler and the possibility of his being DL or gay or whatever
The whole DL concepts comes from black men who were raised Christians who were afraid to come out as gay because of shaming from the church and black community.
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that Tyler always comes off as a very spiritual Christian person so this pregnancy without marriage is shocking and if he living a lie the fact that people of Christian faith especially in the black community would shun him for sure
Honestly its so mixed up and crazy that he would be accepted more for getting a woman pregnant out of wedlock instead of coming out as gay

The term Down Low has nothing to do with Christians or any other religion.

actually it does, the writer of the book On the Downlow talks alot about his faith and basically why his choice to live downlow was driven mostly by his religion

I am friends with J. L. King and worked with him on the book. Yes he is Christian but the term has nothing to do with his faith.

I am friends with J. L. King and worked with him on the book. Yes he is Christian but the term has nothing to do with his faith.
I never said the term I said the concept and in context with Tyler Perry s situation and that situation only which yes does refer to the Christian faith in this situation and used in this context.

I never said the term I said the concept

The concept has to do with men who think they are straight and are secretly sleeping with men. I met J. L. in 2004 when he finished the book. He did not invent the term actually. It was a term used on the streets that he brought to main stream. I worked with him for a year on the book and learned a lot from him, as I had never heard of the term (neither did anyone from my company).

He is a christian and yes in the black community being a gay man is frowned upon, but he could have been a black Jewish man and would have still been shunned.