Replacing Tiffany Charms?

Hanakimi

Oct 29, 2013
Hello everyone ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

My parents had purchased this Tiffany 1837 Lock triple bangle for me as a gift . The lock had a habit of coming unlocked and would fall off. This happened relatively often, but I would always find it on the floor and re-lock it and move on.

This time though, I haven't been able to find it. I noticed it when I was driving to work that the charm was gone.

CS on the phone said to fill out a repair form but I think when I called, I didn't emphasize that the lock fell off (as opposed to me just losing it randomly--if that makes any difference.) So she said to fill out the form and that I'll be given an assessment when they receive the package. (But what will they garner from three plain, silver bangles?) I emailed her back to clarify (that I didn't simply "lose" the charm) but didn't receive a response.

I haven't sent anything out yet because I'm not sure what to expect will come of this.

Has anyone had any luck with this? Are you usually charged? (I'd assume so.) If so, how much have you been charged before?

Here's a pic of the bracelet from TCO's website. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-25-13-42-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-25-13-42-19.png
    224.2 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
They don't make that padlock charm anymore. Maybe you can ask the CS rep if it's even possible for them to replace it. If not, you can get a preowned one on eBay or other secondary markets. If you bring it in the the T&Co store they will solder the lock charm closed (onto the bangles) for no charge. It gets polished at that time, so it will look good as new.

They don't make that padlock charm anymore. Maybe you can ask the CS rep if it's even possible for them to replace it. If not, you can get a preowned one on eBay or other secondary markets. If you bring it in the the T&Co store they will solder the lock charm closed (onto the bangles) for no charge. It gets polished at that time, so it will look good as new.

Thanks for your reply! I was hoping there was a way I could get a replacement without being charged for it, as the lock was faulty. :sad: The bangle was purchased more than a year ago though so it doesn't fall under a warranty.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply! I was hoping there was a way I could get a replacement without being charged for it, as the lock was faulty. :sad: The bangle was purchased more than a year ago though so it doesn't fall under a warranty.

They're not going to give you anything for free, esp that it was purchased over a year ago. But it doesn't hurt to send it in and see what they say.

As an update, they quoted me $175. I want to contact them to see if part of those charges are for removing scratches and whatnot.

$175 was the price of the original padlock charm when it was available. I believe they always repolish the jewelry when it goes in for repairs, so it looks good as new. If you decide to go ahead with it and are going to keep the lock on the bangles permanently, then request that they solder the lock closed and it won't fall off. Lmk when you decide!