Replacement Key for lock

Sorry to sidestep your thread again, but I just don't understand why some LV owners lose their keys and sell their used Speedy with the lock 'stuck' on a bag. Those are the bags I feel reluctant to purchase--I would feel bad smashing this worthy old lock off the bag to use it.

I have seen young kids on the street carrying their Speedys with the lock and both sets of keys hanging off the lock--one good yank or enough jumping up and down and the set of keys just fall right off. Now their locks are 'stuck' on there too...and eventually there will be no replacement keys made to unlock their bags either. Really stupid to deliberately have the keys hang so carelessly off the lock on such an expensive bag! :noggin:

I guess they have more dollars than sense. :shrugs:

For me, I keep the keys stored in a safe place because I do use them to secure the bag if I put my bag away in my workplace. In fact, I ask the SA for the same lock # so the keys from my other locks can work on this one.

It is a shame because some of these older vintage locks are so coveted. :love: You just don't see them anymore and it has an historical aspect to it. Hearing the 'click' from a 40-year old LV lock gives me the shivers--like unlocking a time capsule.

Unfortunately, I don't have a key for the #300 because I just started buying my LVs last year.

Good luck and I hope you find a key to free the lock from your Toledo Blue Epi Carryall.

Last edited:
hey ya'll brand new to the forum. i just got handed down to me 2 of my great grandmothers keepalls. they both have locks but no keys. i talked to LV and they said i could try the store but that i would most likely have to by new locks and these lock came with the bag...they are very old and are numbers 161 and 212. i really do not wanna seperate the locks from these bags. any thoughts?

Thanks

hey ya'll brand new to the forum. i just got handed down to me 2 of my great grandmothers keepalls. they both have locks but no keys. i talked to LV and they said i could try the store but that i would most likely have to by new locks and these lock came with the bag...they are very old and are numbers 161 and 212. i really do not wanna seperate the locks from these bags. any thoughts?

Thanks

Since you don't want to lose these locks, maybe try a locksmith to get the locks off without damaging them or to make new keys?

Also, as a side note, I have never had a worse experience at LV than when I tried to ask for the "store key" or whatever to get the lock off of my keepall! The lady who helped me told me that I needed to pay to get it cut off somewhere else and then come back and buy a new lock set, they wouldn't sell me the keys separately. I called up the manager and complained, knowing they HAD to be able to do something, and she set me up with the leather goods manager who then gave me 2 new locks and keys free of charge and took my old lock off my bag for free :biggrin: And now, she's my favorite SA ever and always finds whatever I'm looking for :yahoo:

So, just a warning, the SA might tell you they can't help you if they don't know who you are, but it always helps to complain!

I have an extra key 322 if anyone needs it for free :O)
no lock just got an extra key with one of my locks. It came with 3 keys LOL
Hi, I'm wondering if you still have this key - I've been looking for this key at the stores, but unfortunately they did not sell it.

Eternally grateful if you would send it to me - I live in Edmonton, Canada.

Hi there, does anyone have a key for a 303 they would sell to me please?

Hi there, I don't think we're allowed to sell to other members Anyway, I had a speedy 35 that lost its set of keys and I bought the speedy in a different state that I'm currently in. So I just went into a new LV and said I would like to buy a new set of keys or even lock set. The SA said she might have to cut the lock off if she didn't have the key in store...I gave her a funny look and asked her to kindly find a key to open the lock. Luckily they just one key that matched the lock in their key/lock drawer. She ended up giving it to me for free :smile: .

Glad I found this thread - have lock will travel ... but no key. #314 (on 03 Mono Ellipse). I'll follow advice and go to boutique and see what happens. Does anyone know of a source where one can find out what numbered keys go with what years? My 95 epi speedy is #313; my 97 green epi alma is #316. Just wondering if there's a 'logic' (like the date codes) behind key # and years of issue. I'd kind of like to keep the 'correct' year locks with the appropriate bags - I have mostly vintage. THX