Repair + wear/tear issue

Actually, I was more thinking about people taking advantage of that and bringing in super fakes to be engraved. If the serial number has disappeared how can they prove it’s the real piece purchased? 😱
Per my SA the workshop thoroughly examine the piece before working on them, as the SA's aren't trained to or liable to authenticate the pieces aside from verifying the purchase history, submitting a service request and sending it off to the workshop. I'd think (and hope) the skilled artisans would have their own ways to authenticate the pieces and would send them back and refuse to service them if the creation is deemed to be fake/super fake.

• Insightful
Reactions: A bottle of Red
I just happened to come across your post after searching to see if others had this exact same problem. I have a hammered rose gold Alhambra bracelet and I cannot see the serial number at all. I do not own a loupe but it looks like a smooth surface to the naked eye. I’m also debating if I should take it back to get the serial number re-inscribed but I’m concerned it will end up dulling out again. Kinda dissapointed in this as if I ever wanted to resell this piece this would certainly be an issue for any potential buyer.

Reactions: partialtopink
I just happened to come across your post after searching to see if others had this exact same problem. I have a hammered rose gold Alhambra bracelet and I cannot see the serial number at all. I do not own a loupe but it looks like a smooth surface to the naked eye. I’m also debating if I should take it back to get the serial number re-inscribed but I’m concerned it will end up dulling out again. Kinda dissapointed in this as if I ever wanted to resell this piece this would certainly be an issue for any potential buyer.

Curious how long you've had this piece, and whether or not you stack it often. I know gold is soft so this is expected, but now I'm worried about my serial numbers' wear and tear over time :no:

Wear and tears on the serial number is normal, and the rate of deterioration vary by person to person as we all have different lifestyle and wear our jewelry pieces differently. It won't affect your piece from getting aftercare service though. But if you have a copy of COA always help to keep it around to make it easier for the SA to look up the piece in the system to put in the service request. The workshop will have their ways to authenticate it even if the serial number is completely worn down.