Remote pay/voxpay

So the link allows someone to pay for you using his/her own card instead of yours?

Oh my god. So glad that I found this thread. I’ve been trying to pay via the link that my SA sent me multiple times, using multiple cards on different computer/ipad/phone and none would go through and apparently none of my cards even got the attempted charge. I forwardEd the link to a friend of mine and she was able to pay on a second try. This is so weird and I think it definitely has to do with the payment system instead of our cards.

Yes I have tried with Chase, Amex, Citi, BOA, and nothing worked! I spoke with Chase and BOA and they told me it’s definitely not on their end. What’s this “safe key” thing and why do we have it while others do not? This is driving me nuts for weeks and I really thought it was just me.

you know what, I'm in the same place with you. I tried all of my cards from all banks, Citi, Chase, AMEX, Discover, you name it, and my billing address and shipping address are always the same that I have used with no issue for past several years. I suspect it never went to the bank side but VOX is denying it because I called Chase and Amex, they never see any transaction billing to my cards. My SA asked about IT today and they said I need to call the bank to remove the "safe key" (though I have no idea what that is) and try again, otherwise it may be marked as fraud. I have been struggling to pay for my purchases for the last two weeks and still can't make it.

Reactions: Maedi
So the link allows someone to pay for you using his/her own card instead of yours?

I think it times out after a few failed attempts. I had my SA send me the link twice and was so frustrated, then she suggested that I have a friend try and she sent me a new link again. She said that it doesn’t matter who pays through that link... My friend was not successful at her first try but got approved after switching to a different card. So I really have no idea what the issue is.

Yes I have tried with Chase, Amex, Citi, BOA, and nothing worked! I spoke with Chase and BOA and they told me it’s definitely not on their end. What’s this “safe key” thing and why do we have it while others do not? This is driving me nuts for weeks and I really thought it was just me.

I don’t think that it even hit our cards because I didn’t see any attempted or pending charges and didn’t get any fraud alerts. I thought it was my computer at first so I tried on different operating systems and that didn’t seem to make a difference.

Hmm...it does sounds strange.
I did a VOX pay 2 weeks ago, and was fortunate that I didn't encounter any issue. The CC that I used for VOX pay is the same one that I normally use for Hermes phone order or online order though...I guess it shouldn't make a difference anyways..

I also used the new system a few weeks ago (in the US). I had no issues- they are doing this for a variety of reasons. 1. PCI Compliance- if you are entering your own card details into a secure payment page, Hermes has reduced scope for compliance. Along with this, they would also have better processing rates as they are considered ecommerce and self-entered with some additional checks to reduce risk.

Too many checks in place can cause transaction failures, although this is just conjecture as to what is going on. This means doing CVV, zip code, address, name, etc.
I totally agree it's much more convenience not only from H perspective, but also from customer perspective by reducing the paper work on half year renewal of authorization, and easiness for customer to pay for goods. But it's the payment processing service that causes a lot of inconvenience. But in general, it's a good move

Reactions: csetcos
I have no idea right now that I will call AMEX and Chase tomorrow to check on that. Will post if there's any update

I don’t think that it even hit our cards because I didn’t see any attempted or pending charges and didn’t get any fraud alerts. I thought it was my computer at first so I tried on different operating systems and that didn’t seem to make a difference.
Exactly, and this is what AMEX told me. The CSR even checked with their back end team for any attempts of transaction to my card and they said no. So I believe it never post to the card.

Just made my first phone order purchase using this system (a little reward to celebrate today’s victories) and I’m actually really happy with how quick and easy it was. You get to see the full break down of what you’re buying and the shipping fees and tax.

OP and others having difficulty, I hope you get resolution soon and I hope H customer technical service can turn their legacy around as if this works, it’s a great improvement, imo!

Reactions: baghagg
I forwarded the link to my brother and he got the same rejection as well. I’m giving up at this point. Good thing I don’t live too far but it’s still an inconvenience to travel to pay when it could be done remotely.

I think it times out after a few failed attempts. I had my SA send me the link twice and was so frustrated, then she suggested that I have a friend try and she sent me a new link again. She said that it doesn’t matter who pays through that link... My friend was not successful at her first try but got approved after switching to a different card. So I really have no idea what the issue is.

Is this just for remote purchases and not in-store purchases (sorry I am a computer dummy).
Yes, previously when you made a phone order, the SA would key your credit card into the store cash register and ‘sign’ for you as though you were there doing it yourself in person. Now, they ring up the order and send you a link which looks like the Hermes store webpage when clicked, it lists the items in your order, tax, shipping cost, and total and then asks for your payment info. It feels very much like the final step of any online purchase. The in store experience is unchanged.

I didn’t find a thread on this topic so maybe it’s an isolated case but my boutique recently switched over to voxpay so instead of manually entering my CC now they sent me a link. For the past couple of times I am unable to pay, and I tried with at least 6 different cards. Everything matches and I even called my bank several times and they see no rejections. Does anyone have the same issue? If so were you able to resolve it?
I also have the same issue with paying for my Hermes items. I used Chase, 2 Amex, Citi and all of them didn’t work. I called all the card for this issue and they all said they didn’t see any attempts on their system. I also tried to purchase very small item on Hermes website and it rejects my payment as well. It has been very frustrating for me to try to pay. The store thinks it’s my credit card issue but I am very certain it’s not my card issue. I think the store doesn’t have enough people with this issue to try to solve it with the HQ. I don’t know how this can be solved :sad:.

Reactions: Maedi
It’s so frustrating that we’re the minority few who experience this which led the SAs think the issue is on our end. If H website rejects your payment can you call them to see if they can tell you why? I wonder if this relates to our profiles in store and online that created this problem?

I also have the same issue with paying for my Hermes items. I used Chase, 2 Amex, Citi and all of them didn’t work. I called all the card for this issue and they all said they didn’t see any attempts on their system. I also tried to purchase very small item on Hermes website and it rejects my payment as well. It has been very frustrating for me to try to pay. The store thinks it’s my credit card issue but I am very certain it’s not my card issue. I think the store doesn’t have enough people with this issue to try to solve it with the HQ. I don’t know how this can be solved :sad:.

It certainly has nothing to do with your profile/shopping history @ H. It's either your card(s) or a glitch with the payment processor - especially if the bank/ credit card issuer tells you they don't even see/have the enquiry in the system. They see every attempt, if they don't, it means it never reached their system.

Especially AMEX is notoriously known for this kind of trouble with all sorts of processors and online uses.

When they talk about codes, it's either the 3# on the back of your card (CVC). Or it's a code that you set up for online use ("Mastercard SecureCode"/ "Verified by Visa"). If you didn't, it's probably the CVC.

Kind regards,
Oliver