Relist right away or wait??

Relisting options

• Relist right away at the same price.

• Relist right away at a lower price.

• Wait a few weeks to relist at same price.

• Wait a few weeks to relist at a lower price.

• Relist right away at a very low starting price.

• Wait and relist at a very low starting price.

Results are only viewable after voting.

meemie

Sep 19, 2006
I usually do not sell bags on ebay and was wondering what other sellers who do did about items that do not sell.

I am trying to decide whether to relist my bag that did not sell right away or wait awhile. There are two other of the same style and color up right now as well as quite a few in a close color and I think that might of hurt my auction even though the bag was listed at a good price.

Also what do you think about listing a bag with a very low selling price. Do you think it attracts more buyers or is likely to bite you in the butt in the end?

Hi, I had this experience just a few weeks ago. The first time I listed nothing happened apart from a couple of questions. Immediately the auction ended, I got an email from someone asking if I'd consider selling privately for lower than the reserve. I declined, and took the risk of relisting just because it was quicker and easier than waiting. Anyway, within days the bids were rolling in, I got a much higher price than anticipated and it was a great sale. No idea why or what changed, but it was an interesting experience.

I've sold about 10 bags on ebay and found that if you wait a week and relist at the same price, someone will bite. It's weird how that works - but I wouldn't list the bag a low price point unless you are willing to let it go for that cost, just in case no one really bids on it (great for buyer, not for you).

I also wouldn't really mess around with reserves, etc. just because I think it's a lot more "honest" to list your starting price right away for bidders know what you're asking for - eliminates a lot of the guessing game.

Anyway...these are just my thoughts;)

I don't like reserves. You should start the item at the lowest price you are willing to accept for the item. I would wait until the holidays to relist. A lot of people will be looking for deals on gifts. Good luck.