Reissue 226 vs Medium / Large Classic?

Is it really the chevron? Because I saw this picture in the net.
I think the photo stated that the 2.55 (aka reissue) as originally designed by Coco Chanel. Pretty sure this is not authoritative as I doubt Chanel themselves would describe the mademoiselle lock as "rectangular" lock..? That said, I only got the info from my SA from her training class from Chanel corporate. Just thought it's fun bit of trivia to share. I'm definitely not authoritative by any means :smile:

So glad this thread was started because I am currently having a similar debate. I own the Classic Jumbo w/SHW and I love it! So much, that I decided I needed the same size bag but with GHW, so I ordered and just received my Classic jumbo w/GHW. But then I saw a pic of a jumbo reissue w/GHW and my mouth dropped! Now I'm debating on whether or not to send the classic back and get the reissue or stick with classic and wait until my next bag purchase to get the reissue. After reading all of the posts, I'm leaning towards the reissue since I already have a classic, but we shall see. I haven't even unwrapped the box to my new jumbo, so who knows what I'll feel once I do! Thanks to everyone who posted comments! They were really helpful!

If you do try for the reissue, would you be able to try both 226 & 227? since the reissue is more spacious, if the 226 fits your space needs, you might prefer to have a 226 that "looks" a bit smaller but still have capacity of the classic jumbo, almost best of both worlds when you want a slightly smaller bag profile without sacrificing functionality. Just thought I'd share that in case you're considering this! Happy shopping!!!!! :smile:

Man, that's like asking me to choose between my 2 children :P.
Shoot me, but I can't.
Classic Flaps and Reissues are the essence of Chanel, their most iconic and enduring bags. They were not just beautifully designed and aesthetically pleasing to the eye, they also transcend the time in which they were created. I love both designs equally and have them in different sizes and colors.
If you have a soft spot for handbags in general and for Chanel in specific, you'll definitely need both bags in your life.
Sorry, no help here :biggrin:.

Man, that's like asking me to choose between my 2 children :P.
Shoot me, but I can't.
Classic Flaps and Reissues are the essence of Chanel, their most iconic and enduring bags. They were not just beautifully designed and aesthetically pleasing to the eye, they also transcend the time in which they were created. I love both designs equally and have them in different sizes and colors.
If you have a soft spot for handbags in general and for Chanel in specific, you'll definitely need both bags in your life.
Sorry, no help here :biggrin:.

Your reply made me laugh, and then nod in agreement!

I own both and have to say I use the Reissue more. It is the ultimate classic I think, and it is so understated and beautiful. It goes with practically everything and can take a beating. Plus I like the fact that not everyone knows it's Chanel, sort of makes it feel more exclusive to me. And lastly it can be worn crossbody which I love and it also holds a lot more than the M/L.
All the reasons why I would chose the reissue! well said.

I tried both jumbo and 226 when buying my first CF. Ended up with 226 with some of the reasons already stated in earlier posts. Then spotted the colourful ML flap from Cruise 16 can't help but to bring it bag[emoji23].

Reactions: Vanana
If you do try for the reissue, would you be able to try both 226 & 227? since the reissue is more spacious, if the 226 fits your space needs, you might prefer to have a 226 that "looks" a bit smaller but still have capacity of the classic jumbo, almost best of both worlds when you want a slightly smaller bag profile without sacrificing functionality. Just thought I'd share that in case you're considering this! Happy shopping!!!!! :smile:
Thanks for the advice!!

I sold my m/l for a reissue 226. Love the fact that reissue is more understated, can be worn cross body, can dress up and down, and can hold a lot more than the m/l flap. It fits my lifestyle more. On the other hand, the m/l flap is dressier so it's great for evening but to me it's not an everyday bag.

Reactions: Cilifene
I like the size of the reissues but the look of the classic flap. I bought a reissue wallet earlier this year as my first reissue piece but I find that it has no wow factor, and alas have listed it for sale. I think everyone has their own preferences - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Reactions: Ceeyahd and ubo22
Definitely the reissue and there are both styles in my collection. I prefer the distressed leather, the fact it holds more that the m/l cf. I l prefer the older reissue that wasn't quite as wide as the latter ones. The two downsides is closing them takes a tad longer than the cc flaps and the chains require shaking them to de-kink it. There is going to be no issue with the chain leather fading or stitching coming undone since it is all metal. I consider it a little less in your face not having the cc. Those who love Chanel know what it is. If I could wave a magic wand, I would change all of my cfs into reissues including the python and Mobile Art cf.