Reissue 2.55 Small So Black - Advice Please for a Newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm just after some advice please as I have started buying Chanel and don't know too much about it.
So I have seen the reissue 2.55 so black for this season and wondered why the price point is so much higher than other bags, eg Classic Flap? Is it because of the style or the black hardware or both?
Is the price point worth purchasing anyway, as I know they are very limited and if I wanted to buy and resell, are Reissues easy to sell on? I wanted the mini but its not out in this combo this season.
Lastly, when did the So Black hardware last come out in a collection? Not sure if I should hold out for a mini in another season or pull the trigger? I currently have a medium classic flap black with SHW and some WOCS and o cases, so this will be my first Reissue. Any advice for a newbie would be great, thank you in advance.

Well first the 225 (small) is priced as the same size as Classic M/L. 226 is priced as Jumbo and 227 as Maxi.

Maybe about 2 or 3 seasons ago Chanel started charging 400.00 more they are for the Black HW. That's why they are more.

There have been Chevron & Quilted Reissues in this combo but no Classic Flaps since the crumpled calfskin ones of 17S.

Hi,

I just purchased the Reissue So Black in size small ($6,000 USD). The hardware is beautiful. The Reissue is understated Chanel. I love it. I purchased it in Hawaii so the tax was much less than in CA. It is bigger than the classic m/l but if you are used to carrying bigger bags it is small. I am getting used to carrying less because the bag is pretty small compared to what I am used to. I can also carry it crossbody.

Reactions: MulberryMonkey
Hi,

I just purchased the Reissue So Black in size small ($6,000 USD). The hardware is beautiful. The Reissue is understated Chanel. I love it. I purchased it in Hawaii so the tax was much less than in CA. It is bigger than the classic m/l but if you are used to carrying bigger bags it is small. I am getting used to carrying less because the bag is pretty small compared to what I am used to. I can also carry it crossbody.

Ah, amazing! Do you have some modelling photos of it cross body and over the shoulder etc so I can see how it sits? Its difficult to visualise without trying it on as I don't live near a store. I'm loving the black hardware so wanted to grab something from this season - who knows when the next one will be?!

I can try to post some tonight when I am home. I was at Chanel Las Vegas (Bellagio) first weekend in September. They had Reissue So Black in both the small size (225) and the larger size (226). I think the 226 was $6700.

Reactions: MulberryMonkey